Troopers announce entire Brass staff for 2017!

It takes 20 people to teach a hornline?

I realize people have different talents and schedules...but 20?

Probably not all at once. Maybe some of them are hanging in the winter and some will go on tour etc? Otherwise the staff bus will get very cramped. lol

Seems like a pretty good team either way!

When a non-finalist corps can hire 20 brass instructors, you could argue this "activity" is in pretty good shape!

Edited by MikeRapp

I'd imagine that a caption is given a budget. The caption head then distributes that money based on numerous things. If all involved are satisfied with whatever it takes to bring them in (and they stay in budget), then numbers of those involved shouldn't matter?

Besides, student to staff ratio is amazing in this scenario. Imagine how much better they will be. And they are already dang good!

Getting great staff to take frequent trips to (and/or extended stays in) that region was a challenge for a long time. Cycling like-minded team members in and out has become a Godsend for Troop.

Getting great staff to take frequent trips to (and/or extended stays in) that region was a challenge for a long time. Cycling like-minded team members in and out has become a Godsend for Troop.

I would have moved the corps location...long ago...I've heard about this issue for decades...but I guess that has not be practical for the corps or they just feel very tied to their roots. I can understand the root mentality as Boston has recently returned to the area where they were founded in Hype Park...

Edited by Liahona