Crossmen 2017

11 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

thanks for the pictures!

You're very welcome! They asked the audience not to record video of the show but I'm kicking myself for not at least getting Birdland.

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Andrew Ebert had been writing for the activity for a while now. I think he has his style and stays in that niche area. Previous years people have said visual is holding them back and then they made this switch. Eberts last group was Madison who had struggled with staging and visual effect. Even when clean that drill wasn't the same level as the other finalists. When they made that announcement I thought of it as a step back IMO. Could I be wrong yes but watching about 5 minutes of the show the music sounds great but drill is disjointed/sloppy. Comparing the academy's preview show to what I saw (all my opinion before I get bashed for hating) Academy is about level in music and farther ahead visually. 

From what I saw at Spring Training, the drill looked pretty hard; maybe too hard. A lot of fast moving sideways while playing. Hope they can clean it. And those huge props look hard to push. Probably be harder to push on real grass too. 

Edited by MWilliams

1 hour ago, littlejaw said:

Anyone know the schedule while in Forney today? Mostly when the corps will be leaving town.

I don't know the exact schedule, but their Facebook page says they will be sleeping in Arkansas tonight.  That's a 4-hour drive.