Crossmen 2017

2 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

If that's the case, he saw an improved percussion line in the Crossmen. Their score from him improved quite a bit. 

He calls it on a night-by-night basis. If you have an off night he doesn't give you the uptick trend in score for your season. But if you are on he rewards you.

27 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

Gap to Phantom bigger tonight than the last few shows

We went from being a tenth ahead of them in Music Analysis to being a 0.9 behind them.  A swing of an entire point, though that caption gets halved.

I don't get it.

Personally, I hope the Crossmen have something to pull out of their hat by Indianapolis.

There is a slow part of the show after the first section and before the part where the duet happens.  It wouldn't be a bad idea to add some narration--Boston style--to that section.  Maybe they could explain the storyline a bit and distract from it being kinda slow.

1 hour ago, soccerguy315 said:

Gap to Phantom bigger tonight than the last few shows

I think the musical selection for Crossmen is much more enjoyable but Phantom out performed them tonight.

6 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

I think the musical selection for Crossmen is much more enjoyable but Phantom out performed them tonight.

That's not what the sheets said in several captions.  In both Visual Proficiency, GE1 and Brass, the Crossmen beat Phantom in Achievement, but not Content.

Most corps make SOME changes that are unveiled in the final three shows.  Can we speculate on what changes the Crossmen may make?  

Options I've thought of:

1. None at all.  Just clean, clean, clean
  2. More modifications to the props.  Different colored cloth?
  3. A cross in the drill?  This is the first time in recent memory a Crossmen drill doesn't have a cross in it. EDITED:  Someone corrected me on this below, but I still wonder if they'll add one.
  4. Something to bolster the part of the show that, IMO, drags a little--the part after the opening statement and before the change in tempo.
  5. Slight arrangement changes to bolster the content score
Edited by barigirl78

Most corps make SOME changes that are unveiled in the final three shows.  Can we speculate on what changes the Crossmen may make?  

Options I've thought of:

1. None at all.  Just clean, clean, clean
  2. More modifications to the props.  Different colored cloth?
  3. A cross in the drill?  This is the first time in recent memory a Crossmen drill doesn't have a cross in it.
  4. Something to bolster the part of the show that, IMO, drags a little--the part after the opening statement and before the change in tempo.
  5. Slight arrangement changes to bolster the content score

2015 didn't have a cross.

posted from the DrumScorps app