Crossmen 2017

So, I never heard if the judges hit the score hard for a poorly played solo or solo's.

It is hard not to feel sorry of the intro soloist when he cannot perform the music.

As well as the french horn barley eeking out the correct pitch.

I am at a loss wondering if this is the elephant in the room or am I correct.

I also agree that we can all hope they fix the dead spots and even add complexity to the trumpet lines.

We also see only a few spots with up tempo complex formations.

The ending is the "ok, finally we get speed and complexity" but only for a bit.

Then entire ending feels premature and not set up well.

Oh well, lots to say from the arm chair spectator.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, philvett said:

So, I never heard if the judges hit the score hard for a poorly played solo or solo's.

It is hard not to feel sorry of the intro soloist when he cannot perform the music.

As well as the french horn barley eeking out the correct pitch.

I am at a loss wondering if this is the elephant in the room or am I correct.

I also agree that we can all hope they fix the dead spots and even add complexity to the trumpet lines.

We also see only a few spots with up tempo complex formations.

The ending is the "ok, finally we get speed and complexity" but only for a bit.

Then entire ending feels premature and not set up well.

Oh well, lots to say from the arm chair spectator.

Thanks for the commentary.

I saw a run-through tonight on Instagram and there were no changes that I noticed.  Whether there were changes I didn't notice, who knows.

I guess they are going into prelims with essentially the same show.  They are hoping better execution will carry them through.

Edited by barigirl78

The battle continues.  The Crossmen performance tonight was good, but I still see room for improvement.  I don't think the Color Guard, in particular, has turned in their best.  Percussion continues to improve every show. 

That's good. 

I'd to see how Phantom scores when there isn't an intermission before their performance  

7 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

The battle continues.  The Crossmen performance tonight was good, but I still see room for improvement.  I don't think the Color Guard, in particular, has turned in their best.  Percussion continues to improve every show. 

That's good. 

I'd to see how Phantom scores when there isn't an intermission before their performance  

Agree but I don't think they can catch phantom even though I think xmen show is much more enjoyable.

One more chance, but looks like Blue Stars will win the battle this year.  They made the changes they needed, whether execution or design, to get back ahead.

Or it also could just be the way the runs/panels worked out. Still within striking distance with a new panel tomorrow. If Bones brings it...

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1