Crossmen 2017

On 2/4/2017 at 5:38 PM, corpsband said:

I honestly can't see them (or Academy for that matter)  falling out of finals.  Crossmen performers owned their show last season -- they could have marched a much more challenging one.  They were making this obvious all the way back at the first Allentown show. 

That kaleidoscope of crosses looked pretty difficult in the video from 5:45-6:13. That was such a cool part. 
Too bad they don't have that drill writer anymore. Heard they have a guy from Madison Scouts now. Anyone know anything about him?

• 3 weeks later...

As a hornline member from 16', I was hesitant about seeing the new visual and design staff come on. But now the new visual and design staff this year is absolutely incredible! I wouldn't want anyone else on our visual and design team! I can assure you that this staff is even better than the last year. Nothing has changed from this last year, except the level of detail we have been digging into and its getting better and better every camp! 

• Like 6

It's great to hear from a current member and to hear such a positive report!  I have felt in the past year that Crossmen were going to break out soon.  Sounds like the catalysts may be in place this year to make that happen.  I wish you well and look forward to your 2017 show!

1 hour ago, Daktubalan said:

As a hornline member from 16', I was hesitant about seeing the new visual and design staff come on. But now the new visual and design staff this year is absolutely incredible! I wouldn't want anyone else on our visual and design team! I can assure you that this staff is even better than the last year. Nothing has changed from this last year, except the level of detail we have been digging into and its getting better and better every camp! 

I hope they're able to do more for Crossmen than they were for Madison. As Madison alum, I'm glad to see that they've moved on honestly, but change can be good and just as I am more hopeful in the team Madison has now than the past few years, I also hope they're successful with the Crossmen.

13 hours ago, Daktubalan said:

Yep

You are in for a treat this summer with these cat's. 

They are special. 

• Like 1

impressed. Heard good things about the fundraising efforts for the new equipment truck. Rumor has it that there's anAlumni ensemble forming that will be performing in the park in Allentown for DCI East. Upto 52+brass and 1000k percussion 

anyone know anything about this endeavor?

This post is for two of your new visual staff Blake and Andrew. 

My pals take no prisoners,  you better bring it,  I am so looking forward to your new adventure. Don't hesitate to say hi, you both know where to find me. Keep being ###### and we will see each other soon. 

Go BONES! 

7 hours ago, 1corpsfan said:

impressed. Heard good things about the fundraising efforts for the new equipment truck. Rumor has it that there's anAlumni ensemble forming that will be performing in the park in Allentown for DCI East. Upto 52+brass and 1000k percussion 

Really now?  Will that include Robinson, Hannum, and Hopkins too?

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:39 AM, 1corpsfan said:

. Rumor has it that there's anAlumni ensemble forming that will be performing in the park in Allentown for DCI East. Upto 52+brass and 1000k percussion 

Because of the rumored size of the Crossmen Alumni Percussion section ( 1,000) they have moved this endeavor from the park in Allentown to the unused Runway # 3 outside the Delta Terminal at Kennedy International Airport, NYC.. But again, this is just an unconfirmed rumor regarding the change in venue.