Crossmen 2017

Saw the scores from Arkansas. They're moving up slowly. Guard and percussion scores are holding them back it seems. What can they do to improve in those two areas? What's the issue? Anyone know? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, xbones7480 said:

Saw the scores from Arkansas. They're moving up slowly. Guard and percussion scores are holding them back it seems. What can they do to improve in those two areas? What's the issue? Anyone know? 

On close inspection, the Percussion is hurting the most because it is also impacting Music Analysis as well.  I don't know if it all works back to having to replace the snare, but the snareline is just one part of the percussion section.

I know looking across shows is deceptive, but their Percussion score last night puts them 16th in that caption based on most recent scores across DCI.  It was pretty much the same score (15.4) as the previous show (15.3).

Bad runs or something more serious?

Edited by barigirl78
  • Like 2

The guard was out performing the corps the last couple years... this year, doesn't seem to be the case.

Crossmen were 11th and 10th from the percussion judges in San Antonio, so I don't think 16th from combining scores from different shows is an accurate representation.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, soccerguy315 said:

The guard was out performing the corps the last couple years... this year, doesn't seem to be the case.

Crossmen were 11th and 10th from the percussion judges in San Antonio, so I don't think 16th from combining scores from different shows is an accurate representation.

Accurate?  I acknowledged that.  But, directional?  Perhaps.

They lost to Colts drum line the other night.  Tonight, it got a little better.  But, they still took 4th in Percussion in a show the overall corps took 2nd.

Different nights, different judges. But, still an area of concern, IMO.

• Like 1

Keep at it, Bones! Good work.

Their scores have been higher than 2016 all year.  In 2016, they didn't get past 85 until August 6th and nearly made it on August 4th with an 84.85.

Will they break 85 before Allentown?

Given there are four shows between now and Allentown, I will predict "yes".  They'll break an 85 before Allentown.

On 7/28/2017 at 0:43 AM, barigirl78 said:

Accurate?  I acknowledged that.  But, directional?  Perhaps.

They lost to Colts drum line the other night.  Tonight, it got a little better.  But, they still took 4th in Percussion in a show the overall corps took 2nd.

Different nights, different judges. But, still an area of concern, IMO.

agreed :)