See You Later!

June 4, 1971 my father took me to a firemen's parade and we went up to the corps director of the Royal Coachmen. My father told him I played the trumpet and I wanted to join, would they take a 10 year old? The director said yes and thus started my life in the drum and bugle corps activity. Today, my father left this Earth as he found out 7 weeks ago that he had leukemia. I just needed to vent and share that little story because even though we didn't have the best relationship, he was my father. We never heard "I love you" from him but I guess we just knew that maybe he did. I finally told him several times when I called every day the past 3 weeks. His reply was "Okay, thanks!" I had to laugh. He will probably come to me in a dream soon and tell me.

In any case Dad......See you later and I LOVE YOU!!!!

Your son,

Keith

• Like 3

June 4, 1971 my father took me to a firemen's parade and we went up to the corps director of the Royal Coachmen. My father told him I played the trumpet and I wanted to join, would they take a 10 year old? The director said yes and thus started my life in the drum and bugle corps activity. Today, my father left this Earth as he found out 7 weeks ago that he had leukemia. I just needed to vent and share that little story because even though we didn't have the best relationship, he was my father. We never heard "I love you" from him but I guess we just knew that maybe he did. I finally told him several times when I called every day the past 3 weeks. His reply was "Okay, thanks!" I had to laugh. He will probably come to me in a dream soon and tell me.

In any case Dad......See you later and I LOVE YOU!!!!

Your son,

Keith

Very sorry for your loss Keith. May he rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss Keith. I can relate.

It wasn't my father but the person who got me into marching left us this past year. I'll always be grateful to Wayne - Fran Haring's brother in law- for getting me into a positive environment. If my Mother did today what she did back then, 1. I would have ended up in foster care, 2. She would have ended up in jail, 3. I would have ended up in jail.

I'll always be grateful to Wayne. Marching changed my life. I am what I am today because I am a Crusader, a Sunriser and a Buccaneer.

Sometimes a very simple question -your Father's Keith- can change a life. If my statements above are considered too personal I apologize. They are what they are.

Sorry for your loss Keith. I can relate.

It wasn't my father but the person who got me into marching left us this past year. I'll always be grateful to Wayne - Fran Haring's brother in law- for getting me into a positive environment. If my Mother did today what she did back then, 1. I would have ended up in foster care, 2. She would have ended up in jail, 3. I would have ended up in jail.

I'll always be grateful to Wayne. Marching changed my life. I am what I am today because I am a Crusader, a Sunriser and a Buccaneer.

Sometimes a very simple question -your Father's Keith- can change a life. If my statements above are considered too personal I apologize. They are what they are.

George, thank you for this.

Coming up on the one-year anniversary of his passing... Oct. 23. I still find it hard to believe he's gone.

He was more like a brother to me than a brother-in-law.

Keith...you have my condolences.

My dad also exposed me to the drum corps activity. He didn't live long enough so see the great success I had with the Brigadiers, etc. , but I suspect he was looking down with a smile .

Keith...you have my condolences.

My dad also exposed me to the drum corps activity. He didn't live long enough so see the great success I had with the Brigadiers, etc. , but I suspect he was looking down with a smile .

Yes, condolences from me as well.

My dad belonged to the local VFW, and at the end of 63 signed my up with the GSC corps the post sponsored. The Livingston NJ Hilltoppers. They actually had a feeder corps, which is where I started as a 10-year-old.