Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

That's a really sweet deal for BK. Food trucks can make or break your tour experience. They are lucky to find such an efficient trailer to serve the tour meals. Congrats to your entire organization. I may have to stop by and check it out.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

That's a really sweet deal for BK. Food trucks can make or break your tour experience. They are lucky to find such an efficient trailer to serve the tour meals. Congrats to your entire organization. I may have to stop by and check it out.

Umm...my tour experience had nothing to do with a food truck, but...ok?

On 3/14/2017 at 6:02 PM, tesmusic said:

How were your meals on tour? They're included in your fees, btw

Edited by 1corpsfan
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, 1corpsfan said:

How were your meals on tour? They're included in your fees, btw

As were mine, and they were cooked on a food truck.

Cleary my point was missed though. 

My point is that my corps experience did not hinge on how or where the food was made. See, I marched to perform and learn...not for the culinary arts of the activity.

I'm assuming your tour experience was enhanced by where the food was made and served, though.

Also, what's your corps experience? I'm interested in where you gained your insight.

Edited by tesmusic

On 3/14/2017 at 5:02 PM, tesmusic said:

Well you probably didn't have a 20 year old food truck. 

1 hour ago, ilovecheese said:

Well you probably didn't have a 20 year old food truck. 

It was older, but as I said before, my choice to march, the corps I marched with, and the experience I had did not hinge on food. 

10 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

It was older, but as I said before, my choice to march, the corps I marched with, and the experience I had did not hinge on food. 

Food probably isn't people's reason to march somewhere, but it definitely has a significant impact on a drum corps experience. Aside from the massive amounts of evidence that good food impacts how communities grow and bond (which is exactly what you want a corps to do throughout the summer), starting or ending your day with a meal that tastes good and subsequently releases large amounts of endorphins is super super important.

Bad food experiences have larger negative experiences on a drum corps overall, no question. There's a reason the top corps eat better than most, have stories of their favorite meals, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ouooga said:

Food probably isn't people's reason to march somewhere, but it definitely has a significant impact on a drum corps experience. Aside from the massive amounts of evidence that good food impacts how communities grow and bond (which is exactly what you want a corps to do throughout the summer), starting or ending your day with a meal that tastes good and subsequently releases large amounts of endorphins is super super important.

Bad food experiences have larger negative experiences on a drum corps overall, no question. There's a reason the top corps eat better than most, have stories of their favorite meals, etc.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Nothing about food impacted my experience in a way that virtually all other aspects of my marching experience had. 

There were corps that had better looking food trucks, and maybe had more gourmet food than we had, but again, that didn't have any part of my positive experience, nor did it make me think that things were better or that members were having a better experience than I had. In a lot of cases, it was quite the opposite. 

14 hours ago, tesmusic said:

As were mine, and they were cooked on a food truck.

Cleary my point was missed though. 

My point is that my corps experience did not hinge on how or where the food was made. See, I marched to perform and learn...not for the culinary arts of the activity.

I'm assuming your tour experience was enhanced by where the food was made and served, though.

Also, what's your corps experience? I'm interested in where you gained your insight.

I said TOUR experience