Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

So I was just able to get a bit of insight into the idea behind the program, and I'm not sure how in-depth I can get, but I'll just say there's a lot of individualism and emotion and the program overall definitely seems like a more clear, definitive idea than what the corps brought forth this past summer.

EDIT: With everything I know about this show, the other revealed shows, and various others, this is probably my favorite at this point in time.

Edited by brassdude6171

2 hours ago, gbass598 said:

Don't even care what anyone else is playing. This is officially my favorite show of 2017.

Imagine how you'll be when you actually see and hear it. Put the babies to bed early this summer,, they're in mortal danger of being thrown onto the tarmac with the potential excitement !

After listening to the selections it sounds a lot like 2015/2016. As another poster stated I'll have to reserve judgement. I do enjoy the music, just hope the show doesn't feel like another continuation of the previous seasons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, churchboy said:

The 107 steps has me scratching my head

Well, it is Björk. Her music can be a bit strange at times. But if you ignore the counting and singing, the piece is very powerful.

As a side note, that particular album that the piece comes from, Selmasongs, contains a couple of other pieces that were in the Cadets' wonderful, yet very strange 2005 show.

Edited by Cadevilina Crown
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

As a side note, that particular album that the piece comes from, Selmasongs, contains a couple of other pieces that were in the Cadets' wonderful, yet very strange 2005 show.

Or said a different way, 107 Steps was written for the movie Dancer in the Dark, as were some of the tunes/moments Cadets used in 2005. I'm curious to see if Blue Knights are inspired by the tune or the movie with their use of it.

9 hours ago, brassdude6171 said:

So I was just able to get a bit of insight into the idea behind the program, and I'm not sure how in-depth I can get, but I'll just say there's a lot of individualism and emotion and the program overall definitely seems like a more clear, definitive idea than what the corps brought forth this past summer.

EDIT: With everything I know about this show, the other revealed shows, and various others, this is probably my favorite at this point in time.

8 hours ago, GREENBLUE said:

After listening to the selections it sounds a lot like 2015/2016. As another poster stated I'll have to reserve judgement. I do enjoy the music, just hope the show doesn't feel like another continuation of the previous seasons.

My thoughts exactly.

8 hours ago, churchboy said:

The 107 steps has me scratching my head

I thought it was a strange pic of all the awesome Björk songs out there, but it sounds really really cool. It's been stuck in my head lately