Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was personally affected by the 2014 show because my mother had passed away in April.  I cried my eyes out every time I watched Blue Knights.  I was deeply moved. 

Did not know that... sorry for your loss, by the way

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I was personally affected by the 2014 show because my mother had passed away in April.  I cried my eyes out every time I watched Blue Knights.  I was deeply moved. 

I can completely relate. I lost my grandma in Oct 2013. I had tears everytime I heard or watched that show. When I would sit and talk to my grandma- I always held her hand. She was also my best friend. We spread her ashes in Colorado (where I grew up and my grandarents had a cabin on a lake).  I am so sorry about your mom and can somewhat relate to your feeling.

Edited by Forevergreen
  • Like 3

Likewise, I lost my father in 2014 and the BK 2014 show spoke to me- was powerful and transcended drum corps. It was and is a very very special show!

I find it ironic that DCP has kinda just stopped talking about BK, or has suddenly somehow become sure they're going to fall 2-4 spots. Anything is possible I suppose. I think the Denver team is doing a masterful job of staying close to the cuff and just going about their business. What I can say is that the reports are the entire corps is stellar and that the show is progressing extremely well and will be ready for first tour! Vague as that might sound, (i don't want to spoil things) this is going to be a great product and I cannot wait to hear Bocook music book even more now that he is exclusive to BK. May not make a live show this summer but will definitely see lots of streamed drum corps:)

i go on

Wesley P

Edited by wesleyrp
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, wesleyrp said:

Likewise, I lost my father in 2014 and the BK 2014 show spoke to me- was powerful and transcended drum corps. It was and is a very very special show!

I find it ironic that DCP has kinda just stopped talking about BK, or has suddenly somehow become sure they're going to fall 2-4 spots. Anything is possible I suppose. I think the Denver team is doing a masterful job of staying close to the cuff and just going about their business. What I can say is that the reports are the entire corps is stellar and that the show is progressing extremely well and will be ready for first tour! Vague as that might sound, (i don't want to spoil things) this is going to be a great product and I cannot wait to hear Bocook music book even more now that he is exclusive to BK. May not make a live show this summer but will definitely see lots of streamed drum corps:)

i go on

Wesley P

I think last year's show turned a lot of people off. I personally enjoyed it a ton, had a creepy/futuristic mood throughout that I really enjoyed, even if I didn't quite fully understand it.

looking forward to their next super abstract show

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I think last year's show turned a lot of people off. I personally enjoyed it a ton, had a creepy/futuristic mood throughout that I really enjoyed, even if I didn't quite fully understand it.

looking forward to their next super abstract show

BK is one of eight corps that I get to see live at my hometown's show this year, and I have not seen them perform in person in almost a decade (although I saw them live at the cinema in 2014). Despite all the predictions of a fall in placement, I sincerely hope their show this year does not disappoint!

• Like 1

I think they're awesome!

They're certainly not under my radar. It's going to be a bloodbath for placements this year, and "i" fully expect BK to be in the mix.  I like the music; it does fit into their new style.  I also enjoyed last year's show, too. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wesleyrp said:

i go on

Wesley P

I love me some Tommy Keenum. 

• Like 1