Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

FANTASTIC FINALS RUN TONIGHT BK!!!!!

You all lit up the stadium with an absolutely stunning performance!

Goosebumps upon goosebumps!

• Like 3

Prosprie had BK 4th in percussion. Wow. That is incredible! Music was definitely their strong suit this season. They finished 7th in brass as well. They were my favorite corps to listen to this season, and honestly, I thought their brass and percussion were underscored a bit, for one main reason: dynamics. Best dynamic control of anyone in 2017. 

I really hope 2018 will see the same style brass and percussion with continued improvement. 

There's a medal in your future BK, why not make your 60th anniversary that much more special?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

OK, this may be a little late to the game, but...at the beginning of BK's high speed closer, when they have the square in the center of the field, and then do a modified Z-pull for lack of a better word.  The arms of the "Z" are curved, with the center of it spinning...If you look at it from above it looks like the hurricane symbol that the Weather Channel uses, with the center part spinning, just like the eye of a hurricane...

OK, ok, maybe I read to much into it...but still!

With that in mind, all thoughts go out to those impacted by the hurricane in south east Texas...

• Like 1

On 7/30/2017 at 4:26 PM, Mycroft said:

A new BK video on Flo...the designers talk about the show and how they made it.  (the judges need to watch this)

That's a championship caliber design team right there. So thoughtful, so good

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

That's a championship caliber design team right there. So thoughtful, so good

so why wasn't the program more engaging?  Less cerebral than the previous series of show, yes, but the applause was more for the Bocook hornline it seemed to me.

13 minutes ago, xandandl said:

so why wasn't the program more engaging?  Less cerebral than the previous series of show, yes, but the applause was more for the Bocook hornline it seemed to me.

BD 2009, 2010, and 2012 were also championship caliber shows, were they not? 

I don't really remember those shows getting too much applause 

Edited by Cappybara

48 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BD 2009, 2010, and 2012 were also championship caliber shows, were they not? 

I don't really remember those shows getting too much applause 

Quite agreed on your second sentence.

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

As for " judge engagement and audience applause", it seemed to me that BK was on the improved track after 2009-12 years, and had really progressed in this regard in the 2014, 2015 years especially. Both the BK years of 2014 and 2015 seemed to be on an upward placement climb with highly engaging shows for both judges and audiences alike from BK. But mysteriously, BK decided to go back to the more esoteric, " out there " mode of shows after the 2015 season. As a result , that upward placement climb, that once looked so promising after 2014, 2015 seasons, now seems to be stuck  at the moment. BK's brass line though is still as stellar in this tier group as it was a couple of seasons ago.

Edited by BRASSO

7 hours ago, xandandl said:

I'm not sure it wasn't more engaging...it's the single show I've rewatched most since the season ended (though that may be because I didn't see anything from them until Allentown). And if any section was specifically getting applause, you'd have to think it was percussion.

I think they suffered from not figuring out the right way to break out the story in the middle section until Indy--the narration there was way more effective in prelims than the "cities"-based narration I heard in Allentown five days prior.

It's a really engaging show, once they found out how to really let the audience in. And I think the final narration tweaks did that.

Prosperie's tape for them is probably the single tape I'm most interested in hearing, though.

1 hour ago, ftwdrummer said:

Prosperie's tape for them is probably the single tape I'm most interested in hearing, though.

Not me. Davila ( the new Percussion judge ) and Romanowski, Leitzke ( the other Perc. Judges at Championships along with Davila ) would be the Perc. judges I would be most interested in hearing from If I'm BK, and want to know what I'd need to do to move up in Percussion, next season. These 3 judges had BK 7th, 8th at Championships. While Lentz had BK 13th in Guard at Georgia Regional, ( Mandarins over BK in Guard ) I wouldn't be concerned with him on Guard moving forward as he was an outlier regarding BK Guard this summer, and probably won't be judging Guard in 2018 ( 'hope not anyway ). I would listen to the other Guard judges at Championships however, as all 3 Guard judges had BK from 9th to 11th in Guard, and thats a section of the Corps BK could listen too for judge feedback for 2018 in hopes of moving up in placements, imo

Edited by BRASSO