Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

I do hope they mix it up a bit while maintaining their identity. Last year was a show I was on the cusp of loving, just felt like they did it better the two previous years. That is in terms of my personal enjoyment, not pinning that on them in the least. I really love the new Blue Knights. That is no question.

Of the trio, last year was my least favorite by a long shot. And I saw them live in Nashville at a TOC show, up against most of the other big programs.

I love esoteric, but that show wasn't esoteric. It was just confusing. There is a difference. The first two shows were not confusing at all. "That One Second" is a remarkable production.

And there were ragged thematic edges, too. Like, why are these head shots on some of the easels, and mirrors on others? The easels were all way too small, but again, I was in a huge stadium.

It didn't help matters that one of the MM accidentally kicked over one of the easels on the finale. On their last slow dissolve, everyone watched this one easel sort of teeter, and then drop with a thud. Sort of said it all, honestly.

Because was one of the most original things I've seen on a football field. The Great Event didn't do it for me, but you could see that same intense design style in it and I appreciated that a lot. I really can't wait to see what they come out with in '17, even though I can't even begin to imagine what that'll be.

That said, I still want them to take another stab at Kaval Sviri.

• Like 2

Because was one of the most original things I've seen on a football field. The Great Event didn't do it for me, but you could see that same intense design style in it and I appreciated that a lot. I really can't wait to see what they come out with in '17, even though I can't even begin to imagine what that'll be.

That said, I still want them to take another stab at Kaval Sviri.

Agreed on ALL points.

If they did Kaval Sviri again with this new style I might die. That would be amazing.

• Like 2

Count me as one of those who enjoys BK's 2010-2013 offerings as much as 2014 and 2015. Hopefully the 2017 show will be a departure from the craziness of 2016 and combine the more classical style of 2010-2012 and the more modern style of 2013-2015.

• Like 2

Well, whatever the theme, I hear they have already decided on the guard unis, I mean costumes, I mean get-up.

italy-venice-carnival-white-costumes.jpg

This is so unfair to BK. You obviously didn't pay much attention to what they were doing.

This "outfit" actually fits Cadets better than BK, especially when you look in the background of this pic.

Cadets' statues hiding their features to live in the mortal world fits this costume better.

I want a show that truly showcases their musical talent. Last year it seemed like we hardly got to hear them play anything.

I don't think you understand what their show was attempting to be, or that you have listened to the audio of the show without being distracted by the visual component of 'Next Thursday...'

This is so unfair to BK. You obviously didn't pay much attention to what they were doing.

This "outfit" actually fits Cadets better than BK, especially when you look in the background of this pic.

Cadets' statues hiding their features to live in the mortal world fits this costume better.

Yes, I know it is Venice, but can't you see? They stole all the fabric that Adonis was supposed to wear!