Blue Knights 2017

TrueBK

I can't wait for this next season's BK corps. I can't wait for them to announce their next show program. I hope it will happen very soon.

But seriously, I know a lot of people didn't really get the show, there was a lot going on on the field for much of the program, but I the mood they created really did it for me. The music was excellent. I just wish that they ended the show on a high note, instead of what a lot of corps end up doing, dwindling it down at the end for some kind of artistic nonsense. I really hate that. I like shows that end with a climax. The climax in the finale of this show was good, but I kept wishing for more. I was on the verge of crying, teardrops did start to fall, but it was right on that edge of being "great". Still my favorite show of the year.

I hope this next season they go all out and bring us something very special.

• Like 3

I can't wait for this next season's BK corps. I can't wait for them to announce their next show program. I hope it will happen very soon.

But seriously, I know a lot of people didn't really get the show, there was a lot going on on the field for much of the program, but I the mood they created really did it for me. The music was excellent. I just wish that they ended the show on a high note, instead of what a lot of corps end up doing, dwindling it down at the end for some kind of artistic nonsense. I really hate that. I like shows that end with a climax. The climax in the finale of this show was good, but I kept wishing for more. I was on the verge of crying, teardrops did start to fall, but it was right on that edge of being "great". Still my favorite show of the year.

I'll be in San Antonio, hoping I get to see the full show this year.

I was fortunate enough to be able to see them at the TOC show in Ohio the Monday before Finals along with most of the rest of the Finalists.

• 3 weeks later...

I discovered I liked BK's music much better on the finals BluRay than what I remember seeing them live a few times. Good music played well. I'm anxious to pay more attention to them at San Antonio live this year.

As for the "artistic nonsense" for the end, I agree. Or it just didn't work for me with BK, anyway. SCV did something similar more effectively, I thought. And, sort-of-but-not-entirely related were Cavies in 2012, their "15 Minutes of Fame" show. That was more obviously connected to the theme and, well, the Cavies could pull it off.