Favorite "lost" drum corps moments?

The Cadets '93 early season was more meaty and a lot more exciting in the first half of the show. I may have that one a tapes somewhere.

Oh man, I'd kill to hear this.

Edited by Hrothgar15

I would say 1994 Cadets WSS. I happened to see them several times throughout the season that year and I swear the ending was different every time, musically and visually.

Also, I happened to have liked the otiginal BD "Ragtime" opener (forget the year), but they changed it to a a Joplin rag, I guess because it was more familiar.

Also, I happened to have liked the otiginal BD "Ragtime" opener (forget the year), but they changed it to a a Joplin rag, I guess because it was more familiar.

Would that be 2002?
  • Like 1

I liked when the Devils had part of the Patrick Williams chart "Threshold" in the 96 show. I was hoping they would expand it and they cut it altogether.

I guess it didn't fit the theme of that show, but I really like that tune.

Boston first played Threshold in 78. Then again in 79, 80 & 81 I think. A number of corps a played it. Great tune.

I wouldn't call this a "favorite" lost moment. And technically it's not "lost," as it's on youtube. But whenever I think of wholesale changes in a show, 1999 Colts always comes to mind. Even as late as mid-July, the closer was from the Abyss before it subsequently changed to a Eliot Goldenthal tune. Sooo glad they made that change.

[media]http://youtu.be/-waAvQlnqsE?t=9m15s[\media]

84 Whitewater finals...Garfield and the Whitewater Wipeout.

Geoff Sandler posed some pics taken from side 2 (horrid seats...down by the goal line), but finding vid would be like finding the Holy Grail.

Why would anyone want to see this? It had to be the lowlight of all of those kids' years.

Back OT: All the stuff watered out of Hell's Kitchen in 1999.