"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

I tend to think they don't want to open a DCI can of worms for those viewers who don't know anything about drum corps. They clearly want to keep the story line as a clash of TWO SPECIFIC corps.

Which I think is the similar thing. Working within the programming restraints, the producers seem to have made a decision that the overall DCI competive environment is not worth delving into. One way or another.

What discourages me is there has been no advertising whatsoever by DCI in the show. How in the world can that be a good marketing decision?

Maybe it is a business bottom line decision versus strictly a marketing decision.

Anyone have info on the advertising rates for Fuse or CotC specifically?

What discourages me is there has been no advertising whatsoever by DCI in the show. How in the world can that be a good marketing decision?

Maybe it is a business bottom line decision versus strictly a marketing decision.

Anyone have info on the advertising rates for Fuse or CotC specifically?

Does DCI actually have any budget to advertise at all? If the constituent corps distribute virtually all of the profits to themselves each year, it's up to the corps collectively to decide whether to leave anything in the DCI coffer to be used for collective advertising/marketing. Does DCI really advertise/market itself as a league in any way?

Have they announced if they are actually gonna at any point show the actual shows from Cadets and BD? Seems light on the actual end product so far lol

Again.....they are up against all of the same licensing problems that have taken down the Fan Network, limited what is available for the end of season CD's and DVD's, made entire chunks of shows disappear off media forever, driven the cost of everything through the roof and dogged DCI over the past five years or so. It's not going to change for a low-budget, reality TV show (which I still like, by the way).

• Like 1

Again.....they are up against all of the same licensing problems that have taken down the Fan Network, limited what is available for the end of season CD's and DVD's, made entire chunks of shows disappear off media forever, driven the cost of everything through the roof and dogged DCI over the past five years or so. It's not going to change for a low-budget, reality TV show (which I still like, by the way).

Even if they didn't have licensing issues, two shows in their entirety would take up more than the running time of an episode. I don't think they would do it. I'm not watching this to see the shows. I've seen the shows.

In regards to another remark about DCI advertising in it, I don't know if DCI has an organized advertising department with a budget to spend.

I don't know the pricing of Fuse, but generally advertisers get the lowest rates by buying "run of schedule" packages. If you pick and choose just one show, you'd pay more for that individual show. Given the ratings for the network, I doubt their rates are high.

But, what would DCI advertise exactly? If they were selling the 2016 DVD's, it would make sense to advertise those, but are they even ready to be released?

I suppose they could just run a :15 sending people to their website.

Bad ratings news for week 2. The "same day" ratings dropped a lot.

How much of a drop? The ratings equivalent of a corps coming in 1st on year and dropping out of the top 12 the next year.

Bad ratings news for week 2. The "same day" ratings dropped a lot.

How much of a drop? The ratings equivalent of a corps coming in 1st on year and dropping out of the top 12 the next year.

Well, to be fair, my kid's actually IN the show, yet I still wouldn't let him stay up last night to watch it at 11:00pm, given that he can watch it on demand at a better hour. (Note, I still watched it myself, but he has to wake up at 5:30 am)