"Clash of the Corps" Episode Discussion

Speaking as a dinosaur (marched in the 80's), I think they could do a better job of telling the complete story of marching in drum corps, BUT, I still enjoy watching this series. Sickness and injuries are a big part of drum corps and seeing how marching members deal can be inspiring. I see so many of today's activities, both musical and sports, where kids just give up and sit out. These marching members are the cream of the crop and demonstrate perseverance.

There is only so much that can be shown on 8 half hour episodes. I do find it kind of funny that on the Cadets side, it really focuses on George Hopkins and the guard caption head Kristy Templin. I guess with all the issues with their show, it's kind of interesting to hear staff's point of view, but we see a lot of George and Kristy.

My 2 cents, for what it's worth.

I caught up on the latest episode over the weekend. Maybe it's because I'm intrigued by seeing what was going on with the Cadets, I liked it.

The Blue Devils stuff is pretty boring, though. There's not much drama in people getting sick and they don't seem too concerned about the competition from Bluecoats. So, when the inevitable happens and they don't win, will it even be dramatic?

As a BD fan I agree with you. I'm much more intrigued about what the Cadets are doing and how they are dealing with their show. Maybe it's because I've watched BD 360 the whole season long and they highlight a lot more with every aspect of the corp. I can see why both were chosen for the show. Both have been competitors for years and years and the two top winners of DCI but I don't think it was ever anticipated that the Cadets would struggle all season and not really in the thick of things. It's not really a "clash". More like Trying To Catch Up of the Corp.

Edited by afd

So I installed the Fuse app.

I went to go watch and it wants me to pick my provider? Sprint is not one of them but even though why would I have to do that?

Screw This!

So I installed the Fuse app.

I went to go watch and it wants me to pick my provider? Sprint is not one of them but even though why would I have to do that?

Screw This!

Because if you already pay a subscriber for access you won't have to pay a second time. This is pretty common.

It's the same as watching your cable provider (if you have one) shows while sitting in an airport.

The music playing over The Cadets performance clips this week was awful. All you could hear was woodwinds. Appreciate that this show exists, but it is frustrating to see that they are still leaving out any part of being on tour that isn't ensemble rehearsal or competitions. They can't spend like five minutes to show the amount of work the volunteers are selflessly putting in behind the scenes? Have they even shown a gym? A bus breakdown? Are the members they've shown having one on one chats at diners on a free day or laundry block? Ugh

Edited by tommynev
  • Like 2

The music playing over The Cadets performance clips this week was awful. All you could hear was woodwinds. Appreciate that this show exists, but it is frustrating to see that they are still leaving out any part of being on tour that isn't ensemble rehearsal or competitions. They can't spend like five minutes to show the amount of work the volunteers are selflessly putting in behind the scenes? Have they even shown a gym? A bus breakdown? Are the members they've shown having one on one chats at diners on a free day or laundry block? Ugh

I agree with all this.

Caught something else that really bugged me.

Tonight they showed the Annapolis show, which I attended.

They ended the show with the scores....

ZZmNRMI.jpg

But 2nd place was actually Vanguard not Crown.

http://www.dci.org/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=210133434&DB_OEM_ID=33500

Makes me want to go back through all the scores/placements they posted looking for errors.

It also bugs me a little that next week focuses on Championships and, by selectively choosing shows, they seem to imply that Bluecoats has only bested Blue Devils once, in San Antonio.