2017 DCA Shows

Spandy

On 3/11/2017 at 2:10 PM, Florida Sun said:

very quiet still many corps have not posted thier 2017 shows 

I wonder if it has something to do with the music rights stuff.

• Like 2

Same happened last year, Fran and F.S.

Part of the modern environment to get everything signed, sealed, and contracted regarding the performing rights. IIRC, Gary told me regarding last season, that was the big reason the T-Birds were mum for so long, for example.

On that tangent- Amin Bhatia has a specific contact when Corps and Bands want to do his music. (Read this as Interstellar Suite if you don't know who the guy is...) http://aminbhatia.com/music/

Scroll to the bottom. I wonder if the side $$ he gets from Bands and corps keeps him with steady income and helps keep him in the black while he works on other projects. :satisfied:

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a post in the thread "Who's Doing What Shows" stating Cadets 2 will be building their show on  based on "Appalachian Spring" with "Appalachian Morning" by Paul Winter added into the show.  If this is correct, I have updated my Rhapsody/Napster playlist for all who would like to hear the source music.  You can find it under Drum Corps 2017 and it includes both DCA and DCI source music that has been identified as of today.

Edited by Old Corps Guy

From an email I got from MBI      

We'll also introduce the 2017 summer hornline & drumline with our spring preview of the music from our program: Pins & Needles. You'll hear Hall of the Mountain King, Trent Reznor's Hurt, Medea, and Death Hunt from On Dangerous Ground all cleverly mixed with that Minnesota Brass sound.

20 minutes ago, sagemode67 said:

From an email I got from MBI      

We'll also introduce the 2017 summer hornline & drumline with our spring preview of the music from our program: Pins & Needles. You'll hear Hall of the Mountain King, Trent Reznor's Hurt, Medea, and Death Hunt from On Dangerous Ground all cleverly mixed with that Minnesota Brass sound.

I will add them to the Rhapsody/Napster Playlist now.  Thanks for the Heads-Up.

3 hours ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I will add them to the Rhapsody/Napster Playlist now.  Thanks for the Heads-Up.

Why does the DCA forum still have the 2015 shows and music thread  and the 2016 still pinned?. Time to move on, yes, and not live in the past.

Thank you for doing the Playlist, OCG.

Edited by xandandl

8 hours ago, xandandl said:

Why does the DCA forum still have the 2015 shows and music thread  and the 2016 still pinned?. Time to move on, yes, and not live in the past.

Thank you for doing the Playlist, OCG.

Thank you John Z for updating. Have a nice quiet summer in your re-retirement.

Seeing the 2017 show list pinned is almost like seeing my room cleaned up, its great to look at.

Thank you for the updated Pin work.

Southern Nights source music has been added to the Rhapsody/Napster Playlist under "Drum Corps 2017"

• 3 weeks later...

The "Site that shall not be named" now has a Drum Corps 2017 playlist that includes the source music for both DCI and DCA as it stands this morning. I make no claims to being exactly correct on the "source" or that this is the best performance of each piece.  Just another way to wet our appetites as we get closer to summer. 

This is a public list and available for your listening pleasure.