Hurricane Matthew

Daytona Beach was hit hard - today I got the first chance to drive down oceanside. some of the hotels and condos are devastated/ surprisingly the beach was spared - we thought it would certainly be destroyed, but they were out resetting boundary posts and gettign ready to let cars back on the beach, just in time for Biketoberfest. not really sure where all the bikers are going to find beds this year.

sadly we had three storm related fatalities, two just this morning.

sobering.

Just found out Eastern Carolina U cancelled classes for the week.... have a niece there...

I figured if anything happened to me there would be a celebration by DCP....One less Pain in the Butt to deal with!!!

I figured if anything happened to me there would be a celebration by DCP....One less Pain in the Butt to deal with!!!

But then we would have had to come up with something nice to say... now we're spared that. :-p

Besides beloved Jacksonville beach alums,many members of Cadets and Crown have hailed from the Carolina coastal regions including quite number of the flooded communities. Schools are still closed in so many communities, not only effecting families and friends but opportunities for 2017 MMs to experience a full MB schedule and perhaps limiting $$ opportunities to raise tour fees in light of the more basic necessities of life.