Hurricane Matthew

Hoping all DC people in FL are okay in the aftermath of last night's storm ... our area in Port St lucie held up pretty well ... minimal tree damage and no loss of power ... wishing those further to the North well in Daytona, JAX, GA, NC and SC ... gonna be a long day ...

Hoping all DC people in FL are okay in the aftermath of last night's storm ... our area in Port St lucie held up pretty well ... minimal tree damage and no loss of power ... wishing those further to the North well in Daytona, JAX, GA, NC and SC ... gonna be a long day ...

Heard from a few drum corps friends on FB that they are okay... but they are more or less in your area, Andy.

Those farther to the north... like you said, let's hope for the best.

A woman from my company who lives and works remotely in Florida (someplace...not sure where), emailed everyone this morning that they are well, but have no power.

She sent us all a photo of her house after they boarded up all of the windows.

Several Orlando-area drum corps folks checked in on FB to say they're okay.

Here in Jacksonville ,living in a flood zone A ,they put notices on all our doors,to evacuation, but my upstairs niegbor and i stayed ,Tons of rain and high winds , Have a Labador there supposed be water dogs ,But mine hates the rain and getting wet .LOL Biggest concern was we have three Rivers that meet here ,Saint John;s Oretaga ,and The Cedar River ,thought with the tides they might go over the sea wall.got with-in 4" of doing it /WOW ,Bur we all came thur it just fine ,With no loss of power .

Edited by Florida Sun

that was .....impressive.

still assessing damage here. going to be a long recovery.

Watching The Weather Channel yesterday and seeing Jim Cantore in a motorized boat, navigating what appeared to be rivers and streams, but were actually streets and highways in North Carolina...wow.

>>Watching The Weather Channel yesterday and seeing Jim Cantore in a motorized boat, navigating what appeared to be rivers and streams, but were actually streets and highways in North Carolina...wow.<<

Funny story ... they interviewed a guy on one of the stations down here and asked when he was going to evacuate ... he said: "It's time to leave when that guy Cantore shows up in yer neighborhood ... then ya know ya gotta go"!

:-)

My wife and I live in Jacksonville (Zone D) so we didn't evacuate. Some people in our complex did but we stuck it out. On Friday our power went off around 11 am and was off till about 10 am Saturday morning. Susan and I went to the Metro Diner in the morning for a hot meal and coffee. Thank God they were open and packed! Once we returned the power was on. Saw a few trees uprooted and lying across the road. I survived the Blizzard of '77 in Buffalo and every snow storm before and after. The best part was having the windows open to let that breeze come in since we were on the third floor we were closer to the roof if they had to take us out via helicopter LOL.

No school today but we are back tomorrow. YEA!!!

Thanks for the prayers for all of us down here.

• Like 1

Wondered how bad Jax was hit. Long story but work at home Fridays and the web server I go thru handles the east coast with most traffic from Norfolk and Jacksonville.

Man was the web quick Friday with guessing very low Jax traffic....

Edited by JimF-LowBari