2016 Media Available for Preorder!

I cannot begin to tell you how bummed I am Madison's not on there. I know they have to restrict it to just Finals participants but dang it!!

buy the CD

I'll bet they are waiting to license the rest of Pacific Crest's show, and once approved, they will still edit out the Fix you section of their show as well. And also add that to the list of edits on the website.

The corps that seem to have the most trouble are those that did not secure rights prior to the start of the season, at least if the DCP comments on other threads and talk at shows is to be believed. Though it might cost the corps more, it would probably be best if DCI hired a lawyer that specializes in securing rights licensing issues to get rights for all corps since it seems to be complicated and often times granted by a case by case situation.

So Madison's entire show featuring all Andrew Lloyd Webber music was fully approved, yet the Colts are missing a single song by the same composer? Weird...

The corps that seem to have the most trouble are those that did not secure rights prior to the start of the season, at least if the DCP comments on other threads and talk at shows is to be believed. Though it might cost the corps more, it would probably be best if DCI hired a lawyer that specializes in securing rights licensing issues to get rights for all corps since it seems to be complicated and often times granted by a case by case situation.

Corps don't have to get sync rights at the beginning of the season, just permission to arrange and perform. Whoever makes the DVD/CD (in this case, DCI) has to get synch rights, and on top of that, they're *different* for audio only (cd) vs video (DVD) vs streaming (Fan Network).

Sometimes corps know (coughMadisoncough) they're not going to get any sync rights. Other times it's a total crapshoot. Basically, the consumer loses out in the end.

Mike

• Like 1

So Madison's entire show featuring all Andrew Lloyd Webber music was fully approved, yet the Colts are missing a single song by the same composer? Weird...

If you watch the Colts show On Demand, it's basically the trumpet soloist that gets cut in the beginning of the show. That solo consists of the melody from Music of the Night from Phantom of the Opera...the solo is around 8 notes quoting the melody. They cut out that and only show the last two notes. Kind of nuts. Their original rep in the program doesn't even have Music of the Night listed as part of the show...

Corps don't have to get sync rights at the beginning of the season, just permission to arrange and perform. Whoever makes the DVD/CD (in this case, DCI) has to get synch rights, and on top of that, they're *different* for audio only (cd) vs video (DVD) vs streaming (Fan Network).

Sometimes corps know (coughMadisoncough) they're not going to get any sync rights. Other times it's a total crapshoot. Basically, the consumer loses out in the end.

Mike

..................time to ignite yet another crazy conspiracy theory??? Could that knowledge going in to 2016 (if it was known in advance that JCS would be unsyncable) have affected placement......conveniently dropping out of the top-12 and removing that ugly situation from DCI's lap come media time???

..................time to ignite yet another crazy conspiracy theory??? Could that knowledge going in to 2016 (if it was known in advance that JCS would be unsyncable) have affected placement......conveniently dropping out of the top-12 and removing that ugly situation from DCI's lap come media time???

I think this is in reference to the 2011 New York Morning fiasco.

it was known in advance that JCS would be unsyncable) have affected placement......conveniently dropping out of the top-12 and removing that ugly situation from DCI's lap come media time???

If I post just this selection on Facebook, it will then be true. :smile:

I think this is in reference to the 2011 New York Morning fiasco.

I understand that was the intended take on the original post......just curious about the late, two-week 2016 fade from a traditional finals night staple corps.........IF DCI knew their entire show would be unsyncable, therefore not able to have one second of show featured in any form if post-season media........hmmmmm.........

I understand that was the intended take on the original post......just curious about the late, two-week 2016 fade from a traditional finals night staple corps.........IF DCI knew their entire show would be unsyncable, therefore not able to have one second of show featured in any form if post-season media........hmmmmm.........

That fade happened all season long if you look at their standings all year. It's not some conspiracy...

• Like 1