Broken Arrow's Answer to Ramps - the Arms Race Continues

Wonder if they brought in a consultant from the local Shriners organization to teach them?

• Like 2

I was at that show and there was a band, I don't remember which one, who used light boxes like the Colts had last year. But these boxes worked properly and were very effective.

As for Broken Arrow, they definitely had a traffic jam trying to clear the field of their pit, band proper and then their carts. They need to figure a better way to clear the field before they go to Indy in a few weeks.

They aren't going to Indy this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVfzWpmyXXk

Almost seems like a parody. How much did that cost? How much were they used? Seems like a lot of props and pricey extras (couch french horns cough) are being used for a brief effect that can't be worth the expense

the carts will be sold post-season as a fundraiser - it will cost them zero

the french horns (cough cough) were sold post season and purchased via their sponsor at a discount - it will cost them extremely little

I watched online, thought it was pretty brilliant. Not overly in the way or reliant on them either, that show could stand very easily on its own with the great music and fantastic visual program as always. TONS of great shows in that competition. Runner up Blue Springs was incredibly interesting and well performed. Owasso sounded amazing and had some very interesting guard costuming. Bellevue West had a very Broken Arrow-esque show, very well designed. Unions light boxes took the idea of Colts this past summer and actually executed pretty brilliantly. O'Fallon Township had a great visual program and very exciting arrangements of some beaten to death pieces. Rosemount had one of the more exciting vampire shows I've seen, some obvious Cavaliers 2014 influences. After that top half some other standouts for me were Bixby who FINALLY fielded some Maslanka music and had some of the better uses of mirror props that I've seen and first one out Bentonville (who I had top 10) had one of the most fun and colorful high school shows I've seen awhile.

When you look at a lot of the designers and instructors it's no surprise the DCI ties. Not all but a very good portion. People who speak down on and talk about high school like it's amateur hour make me laugh.

Mitch Rogers and Wayne Downey have also created an absolute masterpiece down in Flower Mound Texas. Best arrangement of To Tame the Perilous Skies I've heard since Cadets in 1992. That show is just amazing music and amazing drill performed BRILLIANTLY.

agreed!