Sending love to our friends at Castle High

My oldest sons marching band gathered to watch BOA finals on the big screen Saturday night, and I remember watching Castle High's performance and being taken back by the young lady singing (so much so that I mentioned it in another thread on this forum). Her performance was simply beautiful.

Little did any of us know that the lord would take that sweet voice from us just a few hours later.

Friends, with all the fighting online about politics this past week, this is a sobering reminder that life is too short not to be cherished.

All of us in the marching arts are family - and today our family mourns the loss of one of its own. The students at Castle High went from performing on the highest stage to now having to deal with the death of Sophie, her father and her grandfather. I can't even imagine what they're going through right now.

Even though this is a drum corps forum, I thought it would be great for us to send some love and support to these kids and the families of this tragedy to show our support and love.

To the Rinehart Family, your loss is ours and we grieve with you. To the members of the band: #weareallcastle. If you feel up to it, please show some love.

https://castlebands.org/

• Like 2

One of the first videos I saw of a high school show this year was Castle. I was transfixed by that incredible ballad she was featured in, I will always remember her because of that amazing musical moment.

The outpouring I have seen the last two days has been nothing short of amazing, there are not many activities that cares for their own like this one. I have seen countless videos, messages, etc. as I scroll through social media today from all sorts of places.

My heart has hurt for Castle every moment since I found out on Sunday morning. They have mine and the thousands of members/parents/directors of this activities support.

Edited by DrumManTx

very sad indeed - many drum corps connections to this program as well

thoughts and prayers out to the family, friends as well as the organization & community members :(