Is Atlanta in or out?

12 minutes ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

The bridge repair scenario just proves another axiom:  throw enough money at anything and it can be done faster than you think.  I think the staff at Boston is proof of that.

I'm nor sure Boston is into building bridges. Haven't you read their thread here this winter?

10 hours ago, xandandl said:

I'm nor sure Boston is into building bridges. Haven't you read their thread here this winter?

Actually, no.  I just got back on DCP this last week.  Haven't been on since September of last year.  Last I read everyone was amazed at how many HOF'ers Boston got together on their staff because they could afford to treat them like, well, the best at anything wants to be treated.  Boston wants a shot at a title and they figured out it's easier when you have resources and put them towards the right things.  Are you telling me they've gotten off course before the show even hit the field????

• Like 1

17 hours ago, xandandl said:

Please be more specific X.  Those instructors/caption heads who left other corps did so on their own free will.  Boston is "building bridges" to compete for a medal, the same type bridges many other corps are trying to build.  If Boston's bottom line has improved, that's a good thing, but probably is still not as strong as some of the regular top six finishers.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Please be more specific X.  Those instructors/caption heads who left other corps did so on their own free will.  Boston is "building bridges" to compete for a medal, the same type bridges many other corps are trying to build.  If Boston's bottom line has improved, that's a good thing, but probably is still not as strong as some of the regular top six finishers.

Nope Ghost, I am not being suckered into your pseudo Corpsband type of discussion from other threads when this one is talking about whether the new Atlanta Stadium is completed.

I have no beef with the Boston Crusaders drum and bugle corps. In fact, I volunteered for them a few times not so long  ago.

My post above is that some of BAC's homers on DCP build moats rather than bridges and then respond to differing posters as if BACers are using catapaults and boiling oil to fend off the invaders. The drum corps won't advance as far as it might if the supposed loyalists are still with the "Fists first, think later" attitude so well obvious in yesterday's and other discussion no matter how loud you yell or how many of you jump up and down to get attention by making simple comments WW III. Other posters and fans of several other corps have made the same observations about the BAC Homers. I am yet surprised Chris has not clamped down on them. Maybe he will after June fifteenth

I will not comment or respond to posts further on this. Now back to the Falcons' new home, the roads to get there, and Hotlanta.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

The bridge repair scenario just proves another axiom:  throw enough money at anything and it can be done faster than you think.  I think the staff at Boston is proof of that.

My favorite axiom in software development I always tell my bosses/clients:  You can have it fast, cheap, or good.  Pick two. 

• Like 1

On 6/6/2017 at 10:39 PM, Tenoris4Jazz said:

Good, Fast, Cheap

Pick two......

OOPS! Beat me to it!

Edited by lastknight
Duplicates previous post....
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, justfoundDCP said:

Is Atlanta in or out?

no/yes/no/  

:)

No, there is no show in Atlanta this year.

Yes, there is a DCI Southeastern regional.

No, all of the world class corps won't be there, and it will be held at McEachern High School in the metro Atlanta suburb of Powder Springs instead of in downtown Atlanta.

Edited by oldsoprano
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the DCI Premiere show in a theater just north of Atlanta. While they were interviewing Dan Acheson, the crowd (400+) seemed a little disinterested judging by the low roar of the combined conversations.

Then the topic turned to the new Atlanta stadium.  The theater turned deathly silent -- you coulda heard a pin drop.  LOL!

• Like 1