Is Atlanta in or out?

Also for tomorrow's Southeastern Regional:  Email from DCI says NO PARKING at the stadium except for handicapped.

Shuttle busses from 2 nearby churches.  Parking $10/car.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 3:07 PM, bvgordy said:

I have Crown Block tickets for Saturday as well.  I guess I should consider seat cushions as well!! LOL 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:18 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Did you hear anything?  I was wondering the same thing. 

I did. All cement, except the "premium" seating so you'll definitely want to bring a stadium seat or cushion. They went with a 20-inch seating area on the viewing side.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

I did. All cement, except the "premium" seating so you'll definitely want to bring a stadium seat or cushion. They went with a 20-inch seating area on the viewing side.

What is the premium seating like?  Is that the $67 seats?

12 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

What is the premium seating like?  Is that the $67 seats?

The $81 seats in front of the press box.

Edit: Misread the question. I'm not sure, it didn't specify the difference in seats in the email response I received. Judging from pictures though, those look like concrete too, so maybe a slightly larger seating area? Not sure.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1

Premium Seating were metal benches.  I did neglect to get a cushion but it wasn't that bad.  The majority of the fans did not have cushions.  I had great seats, right on the 50.  It was a beautiful, breezy day and night of Drum Corps!!!  

Edited by bvgordy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, bvgordy said:

Premium Seating were metal benches.  I did neglect to get a cushion but it wasn't that bad.  The majority of the fans did not have cushions.  I had great seats, right on the 50.  It was a beautiful, breezy day and night of Drum Corps!!!  

Yes, the weather was perfect tonight!

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 6:48 AM, wolfgang said:

There are rumblings the new Falcons stadium may be cost prohibitive and the Atlanta event may be moved to another venue\city. I hope this is just offseason chatter that isnt accurate.

Does anyone have info one way or the other? It would be wonderful if the event could be at the new stadium, especially with the upward trend in attendance.

Move it to Grant Field at nearby Georgia Tech or UGA in Athens.

No reason to move it out of the Atlanta area and no reason to have a major DCI event like this at a high school stadium.....

1 minute ago, LSU GRAD 82 said:

Move it to Grant Field at nearby Georgia Tech or UGA in Athens.

No reason to move it out of the Atlanta area and no reason to have a major DCI event like this at a high school stadium.....

We've already said that GA Tech has no parking. 

5 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

We've already said that GA Tech has no parking. 

Well neither did McEachern High School for that matter, they had to use shuttle buses from a remote church parking lot.  There is plenty of parking around mid-town Atlanta that could be used with shuttle buses for a show at Georgia Tech Grant Field.  They do host a few sold out football games there every year.

McEachern is one of the most beautiful high school campuses with a huge endowment, but man they need to spend some money on improving stadium comfort.  The concrete benches with no leg room in between rows is just awful.  Fortunately I remembered my seat cushion.  

2 hours ago, steeldrum said:

Well neither did McEachern High School for that matter, they had to use shuttle buses from a remote church parking lot.  There is plenty of parking around mid-town Atlanta that could be used with shuttle buses for a show at Georgia Tech Grant Field.  They do host a few sold out football games there every year.

McEachern is one of the most beautiful high school campuses with a huge endowment, but man they need to spend some money on improving stadium comfort.  The concrete benches with no leg room in between rows is just awful.  Fortunately I remembered my seat cushion.  

McEachern concrete seats:  I totally agree.  I kept poking the poor lady in front of me with my feet and got poked in turn from behind.  And my seat cushion expired around INT time.

I guess the folks at McEachern only expect folks to be there only a few hours for a game.