Is Atlanta in or out?

On 11/20/2017 at 10:36 AM, CrownBariDad said:

We usually made a nice trip out of it.  Got rooms at the Omni so we could walk to the Dome. We'd stay late after the performances and visit with friends at the bus lot.  Sleep in the next day and have the Sunday Brunch at the Omni.  Missed all of that this past summer. 

So Omni is a good place to consider? It looks like it also walkable to Mercedes.

Are tickets for Atlanta not going on sale today, Mega-Monday?

8 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Not so fast, Randy. :) One of the four main walls of the Georgia Dome failed to fall during the implosion.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/11/20/16677816/photos-georgia-dome-implosion-downtown-atlanta-stadium-demolition

Same company did both demos (or attempted both demos).

1 hour ago, mjoakes said:

So Omni is a good place to consider? It looks like it also walkable to Mercedes.

Since MB is right next to the Dome, I’d think it’s also walkable from the Omni. I haven’t actually been down there to check out the new stadium, so I don’t know if access from the Omni is blocked due to continued demolition on the Dome or not.

The Omni is a bit expensive but with its location and valet parking inside the hotel, we’ve always thought it was worth it. 

9 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Not so fast, Randy. :) One of the four main walls of the Georgia Dome failed to fall during the implosion.

https://atlanta.curbed.com/2017/11/20/16677816/photos-georgia-dome-implosion-downtown-atlanta-stadium-demolition

I’ll take 75% over 0% any day. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Since MB is right next to the Dome, I’d think it’s also walkable from the Omni. I haven’t actually been down there to check out the new stadium, so I don’t know if access from the Omni is blocked due to continued demolition on the Dome or not.

The Omni is a bit expensive but with its location and valet parking inside the hotel, we’ve always thought it was worth it. 

Thanks. I’m hitting Atlanta for the first DCI time. Looking forward to it.

5 hours ago, LabMaster said:

Maybe they did the Pontiac Silverdome implosion too.  Nothing imploded.  They are now hoping gravity will help it fall.

The charges on several support beams didn't go off do to wiring issues.

6 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Is the parking free if you arrive in a Mercedes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1