Is Atlanta in or out?

14 hours ago, Ghost said:

Didn't watch the bands at half time so you all must know how much of an echo there is.  Maine Cabin Masters was a much more interesting half time.

I didn’t see the bands.  I just noted the echo from the officials calling penalties.  BTW, the B1G officiating was terrible as usual. 

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I didn’t see the bands.  I just noted the echo from the officials calling penalties.  BTW, the B1G officiating was terrible as usual. 

Man... if that echo is a harbinger of the acoustics for marching ensembles... oh boy.

Oh well...  the corps will find out first-hand if it works or not.

I agree, the officiating was a bit uneven. LOL.  Some tough calls made... some missed.

The Big 12 crew last year... led by the "Gun Show" ref... did a great job.

Saw a couple of bowl games this season that used Sun Belt crews... and those guys also were great.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Saw a couple of bowl games this season that used Sun Belt crews... and those guys also were great.

Which is scary because they are usually sketchy at best. 

1 hour ago, Tuba1919 said:

Which is scary because they are usually sketchy at best. 

I agree, they can be.

On 1/9/2018 at 9:27 AM, Fran Haring said:

Loved one of the folks on The Weather Channel telling people to bring their umbrellas inside to the game!!!  LOL

On 1/8/2018 at 9:25 PM, CrownBariDad said:

Another big game, more leaks!

#CFPChampionship

https://usat.ly/2qL6k5e

Hence the newly passed Acheson 8 minute protocol for rainy days.:laughing:

This part is not so funny especially if presidential presence wasn't the cause...what will DCI encounter?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22007434/alabama-crimson-tide-georgia-bulldogs-fans-face-delays-entering-mercedes-benz-stadium

Edited by xandandl

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:
This part is not so funny especially if presidential presence wasn't the cause...what will DCI encounter?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/22007434/alabama-crimson-tide-georgia-bulldogs-fans-face-delays-entering-mercedes-benz-stadium

Much bigger crowd for the football game than what any drum corps show will draw... maybe that was one reason for the longer delays.

Bu you're right.... the "watch the corps in the lot" folks might want to think about getting inside a bit earlier or risk missing their favorite performances.  LOL

4 hours ago, Fran Haring said:

Much bigger crowd for the football game than what any drum corps show will draw... maybe that was one reason for the longer delays.

Bu you're right.... the "watch the corps in the lot" folks might want to think about getting inside a bit earlier or risk missing their favorite performances.  LOL

but they could get less wet outside

On 1/16/2018 at 3:22 PM, Jeff Ream said:

but they could get less wet outside

It depends -- ATL in July.  If it's raining, you get wet inside (leaks) or out.  If it's not raining, you still get "drenched" with the humidity.  IOW, you're gonna get a little damp.