Is Atlanta in or out?

Edit: So logistically some things are still being ironed out. DCI office anticipates they'll go on sale the end of January.

Just an educated guess, but I'd imagine that one of the things that they are ironing out is figuring out how to number the seats. Unless something has changed recently, only a very small block of seats directly under the press box are numbered. The last time there was a drum corps show at the stadium, about 10 years ago, the seats between the 40s were reserved, and the remainder were general admission, and we still had to hand number most of the reserved seating area. I can't imagine that the entire concert side won't be reserved seating for the regional.

On another note, I just came across what looks like a sweet - and cheap! - AirBnB rental that is only about 10 to 15 minutes from the stadium if any out-of-towners are interested. I would jump on it, but our house is only about the same distance from the stadium. Here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10465184?guests=1&s=41&user_id=43618823&ref_device_id=43ab3ec76dab5462

Edited by oldsoprano

Just an educated guess, but I'd imagine that one of the things that they are ironing out is figuring out how to number the seats. Unless something has changed recently, only a very small block of seats directly under the press box are numbered.

Is that not what you can get volunteers to do?

Atlanta is not actually a regional this year, is it? I thought I read that Wake Forest would be hosting a TOC show the same night.

Skipping ATL completely this year. Going to shows in Bama and Indy.

Just an educated guess, but I'd imagine that one of the things that they are ironing out is figuring out how to number the seats. Unless something has changed recently, only a very small block of seats directly under the press box are numbered. The last time there was a drum corps show at the stadium, about 10 years ago, the seats between the 40s were reserved, and the remainder were general admission, and we still had to hand number most of the reserved seating area. I can't imagine that the entire concert side won't be reserved seating for the regional.

On another note, I just came across what looks like a sweet - and cheap! - AirBnB rental that is only about 10 to 15 minutes from the stadium if any out-of-towners are interested. I would jump on it, but our house is only about the same distance from the stadium. Here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/10465184?guests=1&s=41&user_id=43618823&ref_device_id=43ab3ec76dab5462

quite a few ABnB's in the area at very inexpensive prices. Maybe Gary Markham, Jeff Sacktig, and Mike Terry (all Woodstockites) will hold sleep-overs.

• 1 month later...

#TheWife just made an interesting observation:  "I hope the Directors are in Atlanta talking to the owners of the new Dome."

Have we heard anything new?

5 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Thanks.  I was hoping for some rumors if the DCI powers-that-be spoke to the Mercedes Benz folks about the 2018 season. 

15 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Thanks.  I was hoping for some rumors if the DCI powers-that-be spoke to the Mercedes Benz folks about the 2018 season. 

This has to be cleared with MikeD the moderator first who several times has reminded DCP that back in his day Cadets marched a peace symbol at the American Legion convention contest but assured the Venerable Veterans that it really was the Mercedes-Benz symbol.

In this day and age of copyrights, licensing permissions, and Tresona, can you imagine what the interest  on that fee would be now? :sneaky: