How many married their drum corps girl or boy friend?

Remember those hot summer nights after a parade walking hand with your best girl or boy friend who marched with you in the drum corp. After a parade walking through the fire department fairs, going on the ferris wheel and later going out for pizza. The bus rides home, your best girl or boy friend next to you in the seat on the bus. I was always a sucker for a girl in a skirt and boots with bom, boms. I know of at least two couples who got married and lasted a life time. I didn't end up with the girl who marched in the corps with me. "Thank God" I met a wonderful girl and we've been married for almost 50 years. But, how many of you married a girl in your corps and did it last?

Grenadier

• Like 2

Coming up on twenty years married to my guard chick . Met in one corps, went to another one together a couple years later, still going!

• Like 1

Met my wife in the Bridgeport PAL ... started dating in 68 ... married in 72 ... hit 44 yrs last month ... there were at least a dozen couples that got married in the corps and the majority of them lasted a long, long time ....

:-)

• Like 2

First wife I met when I was teaching her corps. I had no intention of dating anyone from corps but...it happened. 2 years later we were married. Got an amazing son out of that marriage.

My first wife and I marched together. Got divorced but have a beautiful daughter who spins in winter guard. My current wife I met indirectly through drum corps - was teaching a marching band and my current wife's younger sister was in that band. That's how we met!!

Met my wife in the Bridgeport PAL ... started dating in 68 ... married in 72 ... hit 44 yrs last month ... there were at least a dozen couples that got married in the corps and the majority of them lasted a long, long time ....

:-)

"Congrats"!!!!!!!!

Elphaba :flower:

Didn't marry my "drum corps sweetheart" as it were....LOL... but I did marry a drum corps girl. Barbara marched with DCA's Westshoremen when I was with the Long Island Sunrisers, late 1970s-early 1980s. We didn't know each other then... met several years later. Got married in 1991.

She passed away in 2011... now, another drum corps lady is my fiancee!!! Brenda has marched with the Crossmen, Westshoremen, and Reading Buccaneers, and also with the Caballeros Alumni and Reilly Raiders Alumni.

Edited by Fran Haring

• 2 weeks later...

All, Thank you for sharing. It's been a great ride and I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

• 3 weeks later...

Married my gal who was in SoMilw Mariners - I was in Kingsmen senior corps - been marching together for 51 years. Two of our kids marched in Pacific Crest of which we were a part of its founding.

My clients are BD alums from the 80's, one marched in the hornline and the other in the guard. Happily married to this day.