Congratulations to DCI's newest World Class corps!

You can repeat it over and over to the point of obsession, but that will not make it true.

And you can say the G7 is alive and well as many time as you like -- to the point of absurd obsession - and it will NOT make it true.

So there :tounge2:

Nevertheless, there are at least three things that are most certainly true: 1) The seven Directors backing the proposal could not muster enough solidification among themselves to over-ride the other voting Directors in order to implement the proposal as written; 2) The proposal 'as written' is now dead as a result of item number one; and 3) Unless there has been a drastic change of Heart near Biblical proportions within the Directors who authored and signed that document, the deep down held 'beliefs' toward other corps like Genesis which actually spawned the document are still very much alive within their Souls.

• Like 1

My daughter and I volunteered with Genesis last year through camps and move in, and my daughter is auditioning this year (sidebar - I'm now officially old!). I also know the director from a previous band I played with.

That said, everything I've seen and everyone I've talked to suggests they're ready to make the move. Results have shown they're competitive on the field, and as an org they have their act together.

We'all see how the evaluation comes back, but I'm absurdly excited for them to make the jump.

Mike

• Like 1

My daughter and I volunteered with Genesis last year through camps and move in, and my daughter is auditioning this year (sidebar - I'm now officially old!). I also know the director from a previous band I played with.

That said, everything I've seen and everyone I've talked to suggests they're ready to make the move. Results have shown they're competitive on the field, and as an org they have their act together.

We'all see how the evaluation comes back, but I'm absurdly excited for them to make the jump.

Mike

Mike

Thanks for all you did to help the corps Mike. My wife was in charge of the food truck for the last half of the season, and I know she appreciated all the help. I agree this is going to be a terrific year for Genesis. Can hardly wait to see where they go.

• Like 1

No one has mentioned that Genesis will be the first Texas corps if approved, to originate from this state and go world class. This was unthinkable 10-15 years ago.

That is correct. Crossmen moved to Texas in 2006, and the Sky Ryders started in Texas but moved to Kansas (not sure when).

There should be a DCP corollary to Godwin's Law but for G7 instead.

However......

Referencing the G7 (and their directors) 'to itself', and what their beliefs proposed to do to corps like Genesis, is 'not' a corollary to Godwin's Law :satisfied:

That is correct. Crossmen moved to Texas in 2006, and the Sky Ryders started in Texas but moved to Kansas (not sure when).

Yea - got the backwards on the Sky Ryders.