Another Rumor Dies.

Ghost

Mike Roylance (former BAC brass staff member early 2000's, I believe) currently the BSO's principal tuba, also helped to make the event happen.

Tim K is correct when he states: "While many involved from the BSO side have drum corps connections outside of Boston Crusaders, the first drum corps appearance at Tanglewood (along with the July 4th concert with the Boston Pops) was part of BAC's 75th anniversary celebration. So I think the drum corps connection was due in no small part to Boston Crusaders."

There will be no corps involved in this year's "Brass Extravaganza", as of this date.

https://www.bso.org/Performance/Detail/85480

(the part in italics, was added by me)

10 AM Sunday start must be too early for the corps. Either at Church or doing S&R. Mike Martin who conducted last summer's ensembles is still with Cavaliers brass staff though.

10 AM Sunday start must be too early for the corps. Either at Church or doing S&R. Mike Martin who conducted last summer's ensembles is still with Cavaliers brass staff though.

Or maybe Crown being 4+ hours away by bus, Cavs being in Wisconsin, and SCV being in California has more to do with it! ;) (these are the ones you mentioned in your original question)

Or maybe Crown being 4+ hours away by bus, Cavs being in Wisconsin, and SCV being in California has more to do with it! ;) (these are the ones you mentioned in your original question)

Four hours? You're saying Crown can't last four hours?

That's like being around the block compared to those 8- plus hour jaunts many corps have to do between back to back DCI shows each summer. And that's not just BITD....

Edited by xandandl

Four hours? You're saying Crown can't last four hours?

That's like being around the block compared to those 8- plus hour jaunts many corps have to do between back to back DCI shows each summer. And that's not just BITD....

My mistake, I checked and it's about 3 hours each way not the 4+ that I said originally.

Even Crown was invited to participate, I still don't see it happening when they are in the Clifton, NJ show that same evening.

You're joking.

no, for instance Pioneer gives them time off for Church on Sundya morning and even provides a bus for those wishing to go to Mass.

Cadets and a few others set a slower schedule for Sunday mornings as a Sabbath rest; MMs and volunteers sometimes use the down time for Bible study; Box 7 ministries, Campus Crusade, and Catholic Collegians are active in a number of corps. No one is forced to share or participate but no one is prohibited from using down time for their own spiritual enrichment according to their faith and conscience. Garfield Cadets, Star of Indiana, and SCV among others have had clergy on staff in various roles during DCI era sometimes celebrating liturgical services for those who wished..

Anyone seeking to comment or further a discussion of this should probably begin a separate thread and consult DCP guildelines too for the mods sake; we all know how discerning they can be. :-)

Edited by xandandl

The facts are that the Cadets and Crown refused to perform at Boston's show. Call it what you want. It is what it is.

If that is the case...then it's just juvenile IMO on the part of Crown and Cadets...