2017 Colts

• 1 month later...

Nope.  Just a fan.  

I think I posted this pic ( and a few others) when there was no post-camp news from a bunch of corps.  

Loved the Colts when Chuck N.was their arranger -- he was a very active participant in the old RAMB days.    Not sure if he still posts here or not.  

This picture was from Dec 2015  not Dec 2016.  People should not be randomly posting bogus pictures on DCP.  Real fans don't do it. 

23 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

This picture was from Dec 2015  not Dec 2016.  People should not be randomly posting bogus pictures on DCP.  Real fans don't do it. 

lol maybe you're not a real fan?  the pic is right from their twitter feed.  

http://twitter.com/dcicolts/status/ 802971323756662784 (delete the space right before 8 -- DCPs magical embedding is 404'ing)

i suppose it's possible the colts posted an old pic...but in any case it's not a "random bogus picture"

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

I'm sorry that this is going to sound like a personal attack, because I don't REALLY mean it to be, but...

It's hard for me to rationalize someone with 74 posts on a drum corps chat board calling someone else with over 11,000 posts in the same forum "not a real fan" of drum corps.

No offense, but I'd believe Corpsband's posts on their surface until and unless someone else points out a mistake, and even then I'd give Corpsband the benefit of the doubt, and then I'd quickly forgive him for a small lapse in the big picture of his "fandom".

Then I'd look forward to his next post.

Maybe someday I'll feel the same about you after you've been around for 100 posts or so...

:blink:

• Like 3

So back to the Colts...lol

There were some things I really liked about their show last year, particularly the musical side of the show as well as the drill and some things that really turned me off, like the napkin boxes and the general vanilla-ess of the overall show theme and design.  

I know there were definitely some opposers but I really miss their identity they really started to create on 2014 and 2015.  2015 was probably my favorite modern show from them outside maybe 2007.  I hope they can find a way to stick out again.  It's always great to see a show and say "Hey, thats definitely *insert corps name here*".  

2 hours ago, corpsband said:

Loved the direction they were headed in 14 and 15 (although I liked the 14 design a lot more than 15)  Agree that they don't have a clear "identity" in terms of program design.

Idk, I enjoyed the '15 show. It didn't take itself very seriously, and I had a good time with the narrative. It was certainly a breath of fresh air from the singing-fiesta of a lot of other corps. Nobody really managed to pull it off very well that year (IMO)