2017 Seattle Cascades

• 2 weeks later...

Man, talk about some consistent teaching.

I remember reading that a lot of the Troopers staff after 2012 went to Seattle Cascades.

The last chord of their 2016 ballad sounds EXACTLY like the one at the end of the 2011 "The Road Home" opener. Not just writing but the incredibly warm, full, low end heavy lush sound I remember from that Troopers hornline. Great stuff.

And on that note listening to their 2016 show for the first time since this past summer, it's way better than I remember it being. Apollo Unleashed and the ballad especially I love the way this corps is going. They took on a beast of a show for a corps of their caliber in this range musically.

• Like 1

Saw this picture on the Cascades' Facebook page.

15622063_920548601380238_128778608587840

2017 show title, or just an encore piece?

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

OK, just making sure. I do recall a DCI finalist doing a show called "Imagine" not too long ago, so I figured I could be wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

Is this the year Cascades makes a large jump in standings? What needs to change for them to make that jump? Seems like there has been a lot of staff changes in other corps, so there may be a few new ones to watch out for. 2017 - The Rise Of The Underdogs