2017 Seattle Cascades

36 minutes ago, ExPitster said:

Caught some rehearsal footage on Periscope and I'm sure they were playing The Canyon...

Can it be searched for Under Cascades or was it posted by an individual?

• 4 weeks later...

Saturday July 1st they are holding a preview performance for Friends and Family. Anyone from here attending the performance and possibly will be Periscoping?

This is a corps that is very young, but has been retaining its members, and for those that haven't been paying attention... they have been markedly improved year on year for about 4 years now. Underestimate this corps at your peril. Can't wait to see what they come out with!

Edited by Cainan
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Cainan said:

This is a corps that is very young, but has been retaining its members, and for those that haven't been paying attention... they have been markedly improved year on year for about 4 years now. Underestimate this corps at your peril. Can't wait to see what they come out with!

Indeed!

The staff and administration seem to have a wonderful plan in place. Steadiness and patience has been paying off with larger membership and increased competitiveness. They've been bringing something special to the field. I can't wait to see what they bring this season.

• Like 5

Looking forward to Drums of Fire in Portland area July 7 - the first judged show for both Cascades and OC.  This will be one of the best PNW arms of the tour in YEARS with the biggest line-up I can recall, at least since 2010.  We get BK back and BD will be in the house!  

The next day is the Seattle area show, followed by the Eastern Oregon show.  Need to get these two corps on the scoreboard!

Open class will be also be a treat with Golden Empire making an appearance alongside the Columbians & Battallion out of Utah.  

Geez I sound like an advertisement here, but I'm just so excited for the show!  

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Indeed!

The staff and administration seem to have a wonderful plan in place. Steadiness and patience has been paying off with larger membership and increased competitiveness. They've been bringing something special to the field. I can't wait to see what they bring this season.

Several years back during Finals Week I was riding the IndyGo shuttle from the airport to the downtown area and I sat next to a Cascades mom.  She said that the management team was absolutely committed and had a vision for the corps.  I think we're seeing evidence of this the past few years!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, luv4corps said:

Looking forward to Drums of Fire in Portland area July 7 - the first judged show for both Cascades and OC.  This will be one of the best PNW arms of the tour in YEARS with the biggest line-up I can recall, at least since 2010.  We get BK back and BD will be in the house!  

The next day is the Seattle area show, followed by the Eastern Oregon show.  Need to get these two corps on the scoreboard!

Open class will be also be a treat with Golden Empire making an appearance alongside the Columbians & Battallion out of Utah.  

Geez I sound like an advertisement here, but I'm just so excited for the show!  

Seriously!!  These are going to be amazing shows!!  Hillsboro, OR (OC's home show) - Shoreline, WA (Cascades Home Show) - Tri-Cities, WA (Columbians Home Show) - Boise, ID - Casper, WY - Denver, CO are going to get spoiled this year!!  Okay - maybe Denver does every year, but still...those of us in the Pacific Northwest are SO excited!  

World Class - Hearing great things coming out of OC & Cascades!  Both are putting so much dedication and skill in to their shows!  OC adding Tim Snyder to the line-up has really boosted their horn line.  Haven't seen a show, but hoping to!  Cascades?  Keep an eye out for Cascades - this is a pretty tight knit group this year & it's coming through in their playing!  Blessed enough to attend a rehearsal and they are most certainly on the upswing!  It's time for this corps to be 'Set Free' from the past & fly!  BK & BD?!  We missed BK last year and are so excited to have them back!  BD?!  Um...YES!!!  There aren't even words!  

Open Class - These corps are fun, talented, & always bring something great to the table.  Columbians is a strong competitor with innovative shows, talented musicians, & serious heart!  Their last few shows have been phenomenal!  Roll On Columbians!!  Battalion was great right out of the gate!  No longer in their rookie year, they are sure to bring something wonderful to the table.  Golden Empire looks and sounded great in CA!  Open Class is going to be a super fun competition to watch in the PNW!

...plus we are spoiled by great weather and the most spectacular sunsets :)

• Like 2