2017 Seattle Cascades

I really like the use of the bird cage.  There are some things that I feel are really hurting their scores right now.  However, I do see how they have grown and improved.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcikon2 said:

I really like the use of the bird cage.  There are some things that I feel are really hurting their scores right now.  However, I do see how they have grown and improved.

What do you think would improve it? (Just curious.)

I thought the guard was hurting their score when I saw them a few days ago.  Execution was a problem during their performance and made their visual performance appear muddy at times (in my opinion).  

3 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

I thought the guard was hurting their score when I saw them a few days ago.  Execution was a problem during their performance and made their visual performance appear muddy at times (in my opinion).  

I guarantee they are working on it. I am loving the most recent changes, the new ending is great!

4 hours ago, dcikon2 said:

Maybe they could ask the Troopers for one all of those tarps to line the bottom of the bird cage.

Hope everyone is ok.  

Also.......wow.  Did not know that singer in the closer was live.  WOW!  Cool stuff, I loved the layering of Bird Set Free/Shosty 10 before I realized that but I love it like 10 times more knowing she's singing it.  Awesome.  I didn't catch her live but going back and watching she's definitely doing it, they should try to find a way to feature her.  Or I could open my eyes.  Either way, best corps from them in a long time.  Just needs some time to clean.  Love the new ending.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Hope everyone is ok.  

Also.......wow.  Did not know that singer in the closer was live.  WOW!  Cool stuff, I loved the layering of Bird Set Free/Shosty 10 before I realized that but I love it like 10 times more knowing she's singing it.  Awesome.  I didn't catch her live but going back and watching she's definitely doing it, they should try to find a way to feature her.  Or I could open my eyes.  Either way, best corps from them in a long time.  Just needs some time to clean.  Love the new ending.  

I absolutely LOVE the Set Free/Shosty 10 mix, my kid (a MM) says that is his favorite part too. Lewis Norfleet did such a wonderful job composing this!

I have hope that Cascades will go up in scores but that isn't the most important thing...they are doing such a great job performing and it is a beautiful show. I just wish others could see it. 

And I agree with you - the vocalist sounds amazing!

• Like 1