2017 Seattle Cascades

My heart breaks for Cascades.  So close!  I would have put them over Spartans - but obviously I'm not a judge and am not trained to see/hear what they see/hear.  I hope this corps doesn't lose heart.  The performers touched a lot of people with that beautiful show.  

We all love the competition, but honestly, sometimes I just want to throw it out the window.  A good show is a good show no matter what it scores and Cascades had a good show.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, FenixParent said:

I won't be as eloquent as previous comments. All I'll say is that in my opinion Cascades was royally screwed. Spartans were not anywhere near the level of Cascades. I thought Jersey Surf was also far superior. I am baffled that Spartans is in semis.

posted from the DrumScorps app

You took the words out of my mouth.

I truly thought this was their best show. Words fail to express how I feel but man. How my kid feels...going to be tough. Rookie year, he still has 4 years of DCI left, so...

• Like 1

I loved the Cascades show this year.  I don't get the judging.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, dsefton said:

I loved the Cascades show this year.  I don't get the judging.  

Too many really good corps, and not enough spots.  In a given year, you can usually tell when a show "feels" like a Semifinalist or Finalist.  This year, there were a lot of shows that were Semis quality that couldn't fit in, and that's a shame.

Mike

On 8/11/2017 at 1:24 PM, insideout said:

I just fail to see how Spartans were any better than the Cascades. But then again, what do I know? That fraction of a point is all it took to just hurt the corp. devastating isn't the word.

Especially when the Spartans weren't even expecting to make semis.... so I heard anyway.  

Cascades - please take some comfort in the fact that MANY people loved and appreciated the show.  No it didn't score where you hoped, but it WAS A GREAT SHOW that people will remember.  I know I will.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, insideout said:

I just fail to see how Spartans were any better than the Cascades. But then again, what do I know? That fraction of a point is all it took to just hurt the corp. devastating isn't the word.

I haven't seen the Cascades show but the Spartans we're the only corps that didn't hang with the semis crew. Huge gap between them and the rest of the field.  I was really hoping to see Cascades or Jersey Surf in Semis.

• Like 1