DCA Rules Congress

3 hours ago, BigW said:

My guess is that Harry was one of those guys who could take a taped up garden hose with the funnel and play the heck out of it, Fran?

Yeah... pretty much!!!!  LOL

Miss the guy. He went way too young.

BITD I played with a group known as the "All-American Brass Band" out of the West Chester area and the lead trumpet did just that in the trio section of "Semper Fidelis" while swinging the funnel around in circles to get this crazy doppler effect. Audiences loved it.

First corps to use sackbuts gets my full respect.

(Would be cool to see that chitarrone too.)

Funny you should mention the Sackbut. Syrcause guru Patrick Jones was at WCU as an undergrad with me and he graciously let me have a spin on his- think he had an Alexander of Mainz built horn. Good memories.

The modern repros like that one are really well built and machined and play well, the thing to get adjusted to is the super nasal sound that comes out of the bell because of the smaller diameter and less flare. Kind of like a Trombone with a head cold. :satisfied:

I truthfully can't see any DCA corps trying to perform a Machaut Motet as a part of their program unless they really, really want to have a short season and not make finals. :laugh:

On 1/31/2017 at 6:27 AM, BigW said:

My guess is that Harry was one of those guys who could take a taped up garden hose with the funnel and play the heck out of it, Fran?

Mike Boo did a credible job with a garden hose back with Crunchy Frog

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

Mike Boo did a credible job with a garden hose back with Crunchy Frog

And he was quite well-dressed, too!!!  LOL

• Like 1