DCI's own gets a mention on NBC News

The fact of the matter is Trump is divisive, controversial, and will be one of the least favorable candidates to ever be president. Not surprising that groups are less willing to participate. I still think they'll be fine, plenty of groups in this nation, they'll just have to look harder.

The fact of the matter is Trump is divisive, controversial, and will be one of the least favorable candidates to ever be president. Not surprising that groups are less willing to participate. I still think they'll be fine, plenty of groups in this nation, they'll just have to look harder.

This is funny after 8 years of the great divider. So, can we stop this now? I think politics has no place on this forum. I am also not going to let comments like this go unchallenged.

• Like 6

Not that I want to disagree with you, but I think if you had left it at "controversial", that your statement would have been read as neutral by the offended parties. For instance, I'm not sure there's a clear way to measure "divisive" (and "least favorable" is entirely subjective, although "least favored", i.e., unpopular, as measured by polls, would not be)--and if it's a question of popularity, it's worth remembering that, e.g., while Trump lost the popular vote (by more than a little), he still won a bigger percentage of it than Bill Clinton did in 1992--so including those adjectives invites arguments that your comment as a whole, which does offer an on-topic explanation for the challenges the inauguration planners have encountered in recruiting marching bands (albeit one that we already all knew), is merely political.

A small reward will be forthcoming to the first person who diagrams my second sentence.

This is funny after 8 years of the great divider. So, can we stop this now? I think politics has no place on this forum. I am also not going to let comments like this go unchallenged.

Of course not. Obviously we should all give the incoming president the same respect that he gave to the current president over the past eight years.

• Like 2

Yeah ok. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA

While Obama has been experiencing great favorable ratings in line with Reagan in the end of his term. http://www.gallup.com/poll/116479/barack-obama-presidential-job-approval.aspx

Everything I said was objective. The guy is controversial and has horrible unfavorable ratings, the worst on record. Sorry if facts aren't aligned with your subjective views.

I'm tellin' ya', you'd better edit this down. (Your last sentence in a glaring contradiction. If your band was offered, you'd deprive a significant experience from your kids? Because of YOUR politics? Seriously?)

I'm feeling triggered all over the place!

All these false assertions and, if I play by the rules, I'm not allowed to respond! I'M FEELING VERY OPPRESSED BY DCP AT THE MOMENT!

This isn't about party affiliation, voting record, safe spaces, or trigger warnings.

I'm sorry you're feeling triggered and oppressed. Rub some dirt on it.

EDIT - just to be clear I said "likely" and not "definitely." Furthermore, we're talking about a hypothetical band that I'm not actually in charge of, so you can rest easy.

To paraphrase Capt. Renault ... I'm shocked, shocked to find political discussion going on in here.

Edited by ShutUpAndPlayYerGuitar
  • Like 1

Hillary was also one of the least favorable candidates to be running for President.

edit: as well as being divisive and controversial to many

YMMV

Edited by soccerguy315