DCI's own gets a mention on NBC News

A "mention"?:

"Bands from the hometowns and home states of the president and vice president often are selected to play, Drum Corps International events director Sue Kuehnhold said. She has worked with bands for more than 40 years."

This from an article discussing several marching bands who have opted out of performing in the Trump administration's inaugural festivities (one, according to the article, because of a "rebuilding year").

I sure hope DCI is not included as a group that supports that action. Or ANY such action.

EDIT due to failed reading comprehension. I missed Sue's final quote entirely but, once pointed out to me, I whole-heartedly support and appreciate her response.

Edited by garfield

I sure hope DCI is not included as a group that supports that action. Or ANY such action.

I'm not sure what would lead you to make this statement. The comment from Kuehnhold contains perhaps the least innuendo of the entire story.

The comment from Kuehnhold contains perhaps the least innuendo of the entire story.

Agreed, although the whole story is very mild and neutrally presented.

Kuenhnold is mentioned again at the end:

"If no D.C. bands welcome Trump to the White House, many young musicians from across the country will be eager to take their place. 'Bands from all over are waiting to get that letter,' Kuehnhold said."

Wait, I forget: which corps did Vladimir Putin march in?

• Like 2

Maybe some corps director is hoping for an ambassadorship? The opportunity of a lifetime for George Hopkins?

Trump Team Dangles Ambassadorships to Lure A-List Inauguration Talent

Does the parade route go past Comet Ping Pong?

• Like 1