Highland Regiment

I think they are being spearheaded by some of the Bridgemen folk. I like the look and the music they're playing, and I understand their intent is to indeed compete in DCA this year. If they're accepting DCI kids after Indy, my son might even join. They're apparently playing on the new Andalucía horns.

I think they are being spearheaded by some of the Bridgemen folk. I like the look and the music they're playing, and I understand their intent is to indeed compete in DCA this year. If they're accepting DCI kids after Indy, my son might even join. They're apparently playing on the new Andalucía horns.

Lot of vagueness on the website. No names listed, no dues listed, no proposed schedule listed.

I was at the open house last week.

Roughly 30-35 people attended over the weekend, plus however many high school students were interested but had existing conflicts with regional band auditions and holiday concerts.

Some Bridgemen alums are involved (though there's no official cooperation or partnership with the new Bridgemen performing group that formed this year). There are also some staff who are vets of Raiders and Fusion. Overall it looks like they've got all the bases covered as far as staffing goes.

They've got a preliminary show design and music selections, and a proposed rehearsal/performance schedule. They're aiming to perform this season at Clifton, Bayonne, Allentown and finals.

They are playing on Andalusia brass (except for the tubas, which are Windsor's old Yamahas -- Andalusia doesn't have tubas yet). We didn't get a chance to try them out because they were still stuck in U.S. customs as of open house, but they were released in time for the January rehearsal.

Edited by jimpjorps
  • Like 2

I was at the open house last week.

Roughly 30-35 people attended over the weekend, plus however many high school students were interested but had existing conflicts with regional band auditions and holiday concerts.

Some Bridgemen alums are involved (though there's no official cooperation or partnership with the new Bridgemen performing group that formed this year). There are also some staff who are vets of Raiders and Fusion. Overall it looks like they've got all the bases covered as far as staffing goes.

They've got a preliminary show design and music selections, and a proposed rehearsal/performance schedule. They're aiming to perform this season at Clifton, Bayonne, Allentown and finals.

They are playing on Andalusia brass (except for the tubas, which are Windsor's old Yamahas -- Andalusia doesn't have tubas yet). We didn't get a chance to try them out because they were still stuck in U.S. customs as of open house, but they were released in time for the January rehearsal.

One suggestion, as per what Chris said earlier:

Please update the corps' website to include the staff information, plus any other info like rehearsal schedule, etc.

I saw the staff listing stuff on FB somewhere... but it would be nice if it, and other information that could possibly attract prospective members, were on the website too.

• Like 1