SCV Rose Parade TV News Clip

Edited by Jeffe77
HTML didn't work

17 hours ago, Northern Thunder said:

Thanks for the post to the story! (Haven't come across a website requiring Flash in quite a while.)

Thanks for the news clip link! I am stuck in Hawaii following surgery and have been staying in touch with my son who is marching trumpet. Currently SCV is rehearsing at San Gabriel High -School and will move to Maranatha High School in Pasadena on the 1st. 

-- The group is a mix of current A and Cadet corps members & alums from 2013-2016. By way of comparison, the 2004 Rose Parade group was split 50/50 between current (at the time) A & Cadet MMs and FMMs representing all decades (youngest was 12, oldest was 62). 

-- The group is bigger than 2004. 

-- When I asked my kid what it was like playing with A-Corps members all he said was, "Dad, those dudes are gods." He is learning so much!

-- They will lead off the parade, march the route, then hustle back to do the closing ceremonies.  

EDITS: 

-- Just watched the clip -- great closeup of Tim's (86-87 SCV DM) son!  

-- Here is a photo my son sent me this morning:

15741127_10211615912383274_7462956883226

Edited by TRacer
  • Like 6

That is being worn where the star or shield normally goes. I think they're larger so they show up at a distance (or on TV) better. My son sent me a pic of his red tunic with the RP emblem pinned on and you're right; it looks big. 

Side note: my kid commented they were fitting unis up to the last minute...getting A-corps uniforms to fit smaller/skinnier Cadet corps MMs presented challenges because the young kids don't march A corps in this day and age. :(