SCV Rose Parade TV News Clip

A different angle at Bandfest:

• Like 1

On KTLA's Facebook page here:

https://www.facebook.com/ktla5/videos/vb.72391084613/10155010205924614/?type=3&theater

There is a different angle from what they showed on TV--and no commentary. Start at 5:15 from the end.

That final turn to the crowd at the end is wonderful.

Thank you to those who gave us all a chance to watch Santa Clara Vanguard BAND.  Your links were a helll of a lot better than the fortune 500 live companies productions.

Edited by Ghost

16 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not the best way to record, but . . .

N.E., thanks for the link and clip...you gave me a great gift as the first trumpet player you can clearly see in the third file from the left of the image is my kid. Awesome! I'm going to send this to his 93-year old great grandmom in Southern Cal who still attends his band and DC shows just like she did when I marched.  

Came across this Rose Parade clip from the stands this evening. What do you do when a float ahead of you breaks down during a parade? Why rock the crowd of course! The musical staff in the stands trying to get the attention of several corps members (I'm assuming one or more their drum majors) following Uptown Funk is pretty entertaining. But they finally get their attention to face the grandstand and give folks a nice taste of drum corps head on. Must have been pretty awesome, especially for those not familiar with the activity. 

Edited by scvphan
  • Like 5

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Thank you SCVPhan for this video.  More enjoyable than anything else I saw on Monday morning.

Sure thing! Like others I was really disappointed that they didn't get network air time at the end of the parade (that's been covered well enough already...) so wanted to share this the moment I saw it. From the looks/sounds, I'd say people really enjoyed their impromptu performance!

2 hours ago, scvphan said:

Came across this Rose Parade clip from the stands this evening. What do you do when a float ahead of you breaks down during a parade? Why rock the crowd of course! The musical staff in the stands trying to get the attention of several corps members (I'm assuming one or more their drum majors) following Uptown Funk is pretty entertaining. But they finally get their attention to face the grandstand and give folks a nice taste of drum corps head on. Must have been pretty awesome, especially for those not familiar with the activity. 

"Play something loud this time!" That was great, thanks for sharing!