New DCP Forums 4.1

JohnD

looks great!! Plus the OT forums stuff that caused the issues has been long gone.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be nice to disable to the pop up for notifications, because every time i hit "not for this session" the pop up still appears

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it would be nice to disable to the pop up for notifications, because every time i hit "not for this session" the pop up still appears

Have a look at my new post about Notifications ... it should provide some assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting:  I was on FB and saw a post showing a camp video.  I copied the URL and came over here to repost it.  I started a new reply and pasted the link.  The new forum code took the link and changed it to an embedded video.  (This was on my iPhone.)

Love it!!!

4 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Interesting:  I was on FB and saw a post showing a camp video.  I copied the URL and came over here to repost it.  I started a new reply and pasted the link.  The new forum code took the link and changed it to an embedded video.  (This was on my iPhone.)

Love it!!!

Yep - one of the more significant changes in the new version is the ability to automatically 'wrap' a pasted URL with the appropriate viewer/player for a number of different content types, including YouTube video and Twitter tweets. It makes it quite easy to include 'external' content in your post(s) by simply pasting the URL into the post editor.

• 4 months later...

sorry for the delayed response BSG.

I did a little research and don't really see any relevant reported issues on the IPB technical notes.  Tried my wife's S7 and didn't have any problem.  I did notice similar problems discussed on some android boards though, all pointing to issues in the Galaxy phone family  - they recommended rebooting/resetting the phone, among other fixes.

I'll dig some more and advise if I see anything different.

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this is a forum issue or iPhone/Safari.  When I'm typing a post to a thread, when I hit "return" to go to a new line, the first character is always lower case unless I manually change it.

I think the text editor used to automatically upper case the first letter in a new line, though I could be mistaken. I know iOS email and Notes has this feature.

Is there a setting for this in the Forum s/w or something I need to set on my phone?

On 7/27/2017 at 2:37 PM, CrownBariDad said:

I don't know if this is a forum issue or iPhone/Safari.  When I'm typing a post to a thread, when I hit "return" to go to a new line, the first character is always lower case unless I manually change it.

I think the text editor used to automatically upper case the first letter in a new line, though I could be mistaken. I know iOS email and Notes has this feature.

Is there a setting for this in the Forum s/w or something I need to set on my phone?

there is nothing that resembles a 'capitalize the first letter of a paragraph' (identified by a new line) in the forum configuration, that I'm aware of or have ever seen or can find with a quick search of the forum knowledgebase. if it were a forum formatting feature, I would expect it to be applied consistently for all posts - whether mobile or 'desktop'.

i'm afraid that you're on your own Randy ... have to get those pinkies and shift-key moving.

-john

P.S.  No capitals were inserted manually at the start of a sentence or paragraph in creating the response above.