suppress profile data in left margin

corpsband

I've been looking at the range of individuals' Profile content for the last few days and also find it an unwanted annoyance when the content is lengthly. Rather than limit what Members can include in their Profile, I've removed the content from the 'author panel' in the Post.  All of the Profile information is available in the Member Profile, which is accessible by simply clicking on the Member's name.

I'm also looking at the content of some signatures, which are sometimes excessive.  While you can select an option to suppress display of these signatures, I suspect most people don't mind seeing signatures (and actually find useful information within) - but don't like seeing those that run-on and contain large images.  We may put some limitations on what may be posted in a signature in the future.

6 hours ago, JohnD said:

I've been looking at the range of individuals' Profile content for the last few days and also find it an unwanted annoyance when the content is lengthly. Rather than limit what Members can include in their Profile, I've removed the content from the 'author panel' in the Post.  All of the Profile information is available in the Member Profile, which is accessible by simply clicking on the Member's name.

I'm also looking at the content of some signatures, which are sometimes excessive.  While you can select an option to suppress display of these signatures, I suspect most people don't mind seeing signatures (and actually find useful information within) - but don't like seeing those that run-on and contain large images.  We may put some limitations on what may be posted in a signature in the future.

Anything that improves the readability of content gets an upvote from me!    

Thanks for fixing the profile spam.