Things that DCI has edited in finals recordings

I was lucky enough to have Santa leave the 2016 Blu Rays under the tree,   Bluecoats ended their show with a ripple of tosses by the rifle line, and seeing it live in August the last guy unfortunately dropped his.  In the Blu Ray, though, he caught it.  I understand the decision behind splicing in other performances,and was wondering if anyone remembers past examples of this.  The only two that come to mind is the audio recording of BD 1989 ( solo sop frackfest) and video of Crown 2010 (the poor guy who broke his leg).

I believe that the ending to Phantom's Juliet from 2011 is the video from the Semi-Finals performance (where Juliet does NOT finish killing herself).......She only finished the deed on Finals night, however there was a problem with the angles of a couple of the shots.............so enter the Semi's ending.

2 hours ago, wonker said:

I believe that the ending to Phantom's Juliet from 2011 is the video from the Semi-Finals performance (where Juliet does NOT finish killing herself).......She only finished the deed on Finals night, however there was a problem with the angles of a couple of the shots.............so enter the Semi's ending.

Halfway correct. The mulitcam shows the semifinals, but if you ever want to see a "theatrical suicide" from a bird's-eye view, Tom Blair has you covered on the highcam. 

If I remember right, weren't there some fracs in the ballads of Crown '12 and Crown' 14 that got edited from Finals night? 

Edited by FaustianMachine
Word choice

SCV 2016, high camera shows a rifle (actually lightening bolt) drop that occurs in very exposed setting, at beginning of "Without Warning." On multi-cam, same rifle is caught. 

42 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Huh, I had no idea. But the video and the audio? Any reason as to why?

No love loss for me here...just a bunch of happy jazz <bleep> ...lol

I'm over it now...it has just taken a bit of time...