World Drum Corps Hall Of Fame Member John Arietano Passes

World Drum Corps Hall of Fame member John Arietano passed away in early December after struggling with cancer. He was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 1996. He was also a member of the Buglers Hall of Fame, inducted in June, 2005. He had been taking part in drum corps activities continuously since he […]

View the full article

On 1/1/2017 at 11:20 PM, ironlips said:

My friend for 50 years. No one sounded like John, spoke like him, carried himself like him, arranged like him.

One-of-a-Kind is no cliche when applied to John Arietano. Unforgettable.

I completely agree, Frank. A unique individual and huge talent. It was a privilege to play his charts, to learn from him, and just to hang out with him.

Just to add to the article... John also arranged for the NY Skyliners when they won the DCA Class A championship in 1999 and 2002, giving him a total of nine DCA titles. A resume' a lot of us would love to have.

Edited by Fran Haring

Even though I'm not a well know drum corps person as you guys are, I did indeed know John  and was a good friend of his for over 45 years.  John and I had a great time whenever

we crossed paths especially when he taught us (Wind Gap Blue Eagles Alumni) back in the early 2000's and when I helped out marching in a few parades with the Lambertville Volunteers and he in turn helped us out in Wind Gap and also with the Westshore Alumni. John is one amigo that I will never ever forget. Hopefully he's up there with all the

great drum corps members that we all knew and loved.

• 4 weeks later...

oh my, this is how I found out, I need to get back in touch