Looking for show sources

Guest Jake_murillo3

Not sure about the opener or the closer, but the ballad (starting at 3:43) is the third movement of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2, best known to many for Eric Carmen's use of it as "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again". (Carmel won the Bands of America championship in November playing the same music.) Maybe the other parts are also Rachmaninoff? The melody starting at 7:31 is certainly a famous romantic orchestral work by the likes of Rachmaninoff or Tchaikovsky, but I'm not sure of the title.

3 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Not sure about the opener or the closer, but the ballad (starting at 3:43) is the third movement of Sergei Rachmaninoff's Symphony No. 2, best known to many for Eric Carmen's use of it as "Never Gonna Fall in Love Again". (Carmel won the Bands of America championship in November playing the same music.) Maybe the other parts are also Rachmaninoff? The melody starting at 7:31 is certainly a famous romantic orchestral work by the likes of Rachmaninoff or Tchaikovsky, but I'm not sure of the title.

i think the whole show is Rachmaninoff.

Wondering if Leon May wrote the drill...

Edited by corpsband