The Academy's soloist

10 minutes ago, Tad_MMA said:

WHAT? Boo!

Why would this be surprising?...this sort of thing has happened for decades...best talent gravitates toward the top tier...

• Like 1

No. Maybe a little disappointed. He ended up being the centerpiece of the show -- moreso than the bride and groom, for whom the show was written. That would be like Crown's piano-playing "Rach star" moving on. It's like the former Cavies' horn sergeant defecting to BD... blah blah blah "Brotherhood..."  If BD is smart, they'll write him some good flugel. :babies:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tad_MMA said:

No. Maybe a little disappointed. He ended up being the centerpiece of the show -- moreso than the bride and groom, for whom the show was written. That would be like Crown's piano-playing "Rach star" moving on. It's like the former Cavies' horn sergeant defecting to BD... blah blah blah "Brotherhood..."  If BD is smart, they'll write him some good flugel. :babies:

I mean I can understand it, the appeal of the top groups is going to take away members from anyone below that tier.  Until a corps gets on that level that will continue to happen to them.  

I would bet less are leaving after 2016 though overall and they're attracting higher quality auditionees.  

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I mean I can understand it, the appeal of the top groups is going to take away members from anyone below that tier.  Until a corps gets on that level that will continue to happen to them.  

I would bet less are leaving after 2016 though overall and they're attracting higher quality auditionees.  

This coming season IMO is a make or break for The Academy..if they maintain being in the coveted top 12 status...then they should be okay moving forward from a competitive standpoint...if they fall out of top 12 then that is going to really hurt them BIGLY...they just do not have the same reputation as the Madison Scouts IMO ...who should be able to easily bounce back into the top 12 mix...

• Like 2