Thoughts on Bluecoats 2016 after the smoke has cleared?

I still love the show, it grooves so well. Lots of dirt is showing upon later viewing.  After watching BD a few more times Im not sure Bloo should have won. I know it was ge that really carried them so I dont know.  Any thoughts?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

I looked at it like I did 08 PR.  The fans wanted those two shows to win.

well.......if THAT'S all it takes............(insert history re-writes here)...........

I've posted elsewhere that upon viewing the BluRay, I thought the show looked sloppy in places. I, too, like the show, and I expect it will fuel some good creative thinking from smart corps managers and designers. (Probably some less desirable imitative thinking, too.)

For me, Crown and SCV had better overall shows, and I would like to have seen one of them take the top spot.

(Yes, I know that skips over BD. I seem to have some kind of strange problem with recent BD shows. Totally irrational. Just no goosebumps for me. Remember that scientist in the original Andromeda Strain who blacks out when seeing red? I apparently do the same when that beautiful cobalt blue steps on the field.)

• Like 1

It will stand the test of time. It was deserving of the championship.

• Like 3

This really should have been the 4th place show. While it is a GE monster, it is so incredibly dirty visually and musically. I really couldn't get over that fact during the season, and I actually find myself enjoying the show more now, though my thoughts on where it should have placed haven't changed. 

I actually just just listened to the lossless audio yesterday for the first time. There is a lot there that I had never heard before, and it really drove home how little the brass and percussion actually play during the show. This show is driven by the synthesizer, and it was jarring to hear it so clearly defined in the lossless audio. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wonker said:

well.......if THAT'S all it takes............(insert history re-writes here)...........

It always comes down to the green shirts, but it's nice when the scores match the fans wishes.

• Like 1

I loved Coats, and after several viewings,still do. I also loved BD, and had they won, I still would have been happy. Actually, I felt Coats best run was Thursday, and definitely thought BD won Friday. I was shocked they didn't. But I am content Coats won Saturday. As has been noted, it was a GE monster.