Thoughts on Bluecoats 2016 after the smoke has cleared?

When the strong opinions come out you know you made it to the top.  Welcome to the club Bluecoats! 

Btw, no problem with anyone's comments. Being a champion or at the top of your game comes with the territory of having people talk about you. Relish it, keep moving forward and never stop being innovative.  

• Like 8

10 hours ago, Lance said:

just watched it a couple of days ago for the first time since finals. the most boring winner musically for me since cavies 01. 

not a favorite show of mine, obviously, but i think it deserved the win. 

I don't agree with you at all, but I did laugh when I read your comment. Cavies 01 is one of my favorite shows (in college, every one of my coworkers at the restaurant I worked with knew the music to Four Corners because I was always whistling it) and I thoroughly loved this year's Bluecoats show. Obviously some shows/styles lump together, and fans gravitate toward different things they like.

• Like 1

I loved Cavies 00 and 02 musically. I know 00 is technically not all-original like 01 and 02, but it really only took motifs from "Niagara Falls" and "Soundings." In short, I considered it mostly an original music show.

Just a taste thing with 01. As you said, it's not really that weird. Lots of stinkers (for me) from my favorite composers. 

I loved Bloo musically in 14-15, but this year's music book is something I'll never listen to again. 

Edited by Lance

23 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Yeah. Just like 88 Scouts. 

DING DING DING!! We got a winner!

21 hours ago, Lance said:

I loved Cavies 00 and 02 musically. I know 00 is technically not all-original like 01 and 02, but it really only took motifs from "Niagara Falls" and "Soundings." In short, I considered it mostly an original music show.

Just a taste thing with 01. As you said, it's not really that weird. Lots of stinkers (for me) from my favorite composers. 

I loved Bloo musically in 14-15, but this year's music book is something I'll never listen to again. 

We obviously have different tastes. This year's music runs through my head all the time.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

We obviously have different tastes. I this year's music runs through my head all the time.

i'm pretty sure i'm in the minority for most of the things i've said in this thread over the past 24 hours. it's all good. 

• Like 1

On 1/10/2017 at 9:19 PM, BoaDci said:

I just hope corps keep their identities.  I dont want everyone to be the bluecoats.

Haha, you sound like me when the Blue Devils win....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Haha, you sound like me when the Blue Devils win....

It applies to the Blue Devils as well, and Crown, and Madison, and everyone else in DCI.  I want corps to keep innovating, imitating someone elses style isnt good for the activity in my opinion.

• Like 1