Oregon Crusaders 2017

So looking at their schedule, seems their later move ins are a problem that's been taken care of this year.  

No competitions til July 7th and their move ins are on May 26th.  Seems like they have more time in spring training this year which is good because I feel like they're always playing catch up in the first part of the season.  

Excited about this show.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeke said:

Aren't the majority of their members still in School till mid/late June though?

yes, Northeast, Pacific Northwest, and California require 190 days of classroom teaching time, 

Edited by xandandl

13 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Forgot about that, schools around me get out in about two to three weeks.  

The areas I mention don't start school for the Fall Semester until around Labor Day. In fact, in the Northeast and Northwest, beach waters aren't their warmest until September.

South and Midwest schools seem more dictated too by football schedules as determined by ESPN/NCAA.

2 hours ago, Zeke said:

Aren't the majority of their members still in School till mid/late June though?

Definitely true BUT according to their fb page, 95 members/staff came from out of state to camp this weekend.  They are recruiting a LOT of members from outside the area. 

I agree that they seem to have worked in a few extra weeks of move-ins this year.  Can only help! 

Their home show is roughly seven days later than it usually is.  That is most likely a DCI thing.  Not sure.

3 hours ago, Zeke said:

I don't see them starting All day rehearsals really any earlier than Cascades.

As per their website:  All-days are 5/26 - 7/7.

Edited by luv4corps

18 hours ago, xandandl said:

yes, Northeast, Pacific Northwest, and California require 190 days of classroom teaching time, 

Most of the US is 180, including the Northeast (Maine and Vermont are 175 days of instruction). 

California actually dropped their requirements a few years ago, according to this from the CDE, but has returned to the 180 defacto standard.

8 hours ago, MikeD said:

Most of the US is 180, including the Northeast (Maine and Vermont are 175 days of instruction). 

California actually dropped their requirements a few years ago, according to this from the CDE, but has returned to the 180 defacto standard.

When I was  h.s. assistant principal (plus a slew of other titles) and co-chair of the calendar committee, NYS had us write a schedule of 190 days to include snow days/hurricanes/emergencies. We had kids in the school commuting from both NJ and CT, so we kept abreast of their requirements as transportation monies had to be considered from their perspective. i also helped with one NY corps getting housing procurement for ST and summer tour for awhile I so had added need to be aware.  Some districts wiggle with in-house continuing ed service days for faculty and such by giving half days. Even the rule about how to ask for dispensations from the rule varies depending on who the Gov. appoints as (Regents) Commissioner of Education this term.

I know my relatives in MN don't have snow days; the schools are open; if you can't get there you are expected to make up the work... Unless the gov. gives an executive order about ice, blizzard, and tornado damage. My relatives in Illinois also don't have snow days but have home packs to be submitted on their computers for days when the buses never roll. Their kids in religious schools no longer get Holy Days off because of no parent present at home. Instead Retreat days are held after one class to count as an official school day. In our world of diversity, there are various approaches unless the union decides to pull another temper tantrum locally. The new SecEd in WDC will have another approach probably.